free website stats program Oh NO ! I mixed the OIL | Harley Davidson Forums

Oh NO ! I mixed the OIL

cowjammer

I accidentally mixed one quart of the H.D. Formula plus Tranny oil with the H.D. 20w 50 motor oil ! I've only started the bike and have not rid in it yet.
Soooooo, what will it hurt if I run it ? I meen you can use the motor oil in all three holes why not run the diluted formula plus ? Give it to me straight fellas
as I really dont want to change it again. Its an 89 and I hate the way it drains from the bag !!! That's the only reason I dont want to change it..Thx

CJ, Formula + does not tolerate wide temperature range and have detergents to keep combustion contaminants in suspension...! Bite the bullet and change it along with the other oil and use it to "cut" lubricant in the primary hole if you want...say over 2 or 3 gear oil changes. Just don't want to compromise Engine oil, which is really already highly stressed and should only have 20W-50 100% Synthetic Motorcycle Oil for V-Twins rather than anything else. Just my humble opinion...!

Last edited:
I knew the answer you'd give.....Just thought... Well you know what I "WANTED" to hear.
Thx guys ! But at least I can still use it for the Correct purpose. That will teach me to get in a Hurry...No it wont, But I'll have to live with that.

I knew the answer you'd give.....Just thought... Well you know what I "WANTED" to hear.
Thx guys ! But at least I can still use it for the Correct purpose. That will teach me to get in a Hurry...No it wont, But I'll have to live with that.
Don't feel bad I had a trained tech (MMI grad) yell at me one time, these new engines on the police bikes take over 6 quarts, I walked over and seen the oil running out his oil drain pan on the other side of his lift:) :) At lease you remembered the drain plug:)

Don't feel bad I had a trained tech (MMI grad) yell at me one time, these new engines on the police bikes take over 6 quarts, I walked over and seen the oil running out his oil drain pan on the other side of his lift:) :) At lease you remembered the drain plug:)

Yea, Its dumped. but do you know if there is clearance enough under the side cover so I can install the drain hose ? It sure would make it easyer to drain next time. Or do you have any tips on it ? it just always seams to leak all over the pipes and frame and well you know. Thx, cowjammer.

Yea, Its dumped. but do you know if there is clearance enough under the side cover so I can install the drain hose ? It sure would make it easyer to drain next time. Or do you have any tips on it ? it just always seams to leak all over the pipes and frame and well you know. Thx, cowjammer.
I've always just made a mess too, but one of the aftermarket companys might make some kind of a drain plug with a valve in it that allows you to attach a hose to? You can Google it and you should look in the self help section, I'd bet some one here has come up with something. Any ways I'll sleep better tonight knowing you have the correct fluids in your bike.:)

Back