free website stats program Oh bother..new use for Pledge. | Harley Davidson Forums

Oh bother..new use for Pledge.

mattmuir

I have a new use for pledge that I wish I never had to find out. My 12 yr old decided he needed to paint his paint ball guns barrel blue...many coats. I went to clean the bike tonight and the surface felt rough. You guessed it fine layer of over spray. But a clay bar and tons of pledge seem to get it off. This is going to take a while......

And what part of Lower Slobovia is the boy in???

And what part of Lower Slobovia is the boy in???

I did not even yell. He just looked at me with big brown eyes and said sorry. Dont know if I was in shock or what. On the bright side he did a real good job on the paint job no runs at all. He will be cleaning Texas Longhorn Poop out of the barns with a shovel this weekend though.

In a situation like this, usually it's an enamel that is sprayed from cans in which case a paint thinner like benzine can be used to remove the spray mist on hard surfaces like paint or chrome with no damage at all followed by a waxing.

Like with anything else, a test section should be tried first.

I did not even yell. He just looked at me with big brown eyes and said sorry. Dont know if I was in shock or what. On the bright side he did a real good job on the paint job no runs at all. He will be cleaning Texas Longhorn Poop out of the barns with a shovel this weekend though.

Take it from someone who knows about what sons can do. You handled it great, this is something you and he will laugh about in 15-20 years.

In a situation like this, usually it's an enamel that is sprayed from cans in which case a paint thinner like benzine can be used to remove the spray mist on hard surfaces like paint or chrome with no damage at all followed by a waxing.

Like with anything else, a test section should be tried first.

That will be tried as well Glider. I had the clay bar and thought I would try it first. You can feel the grit and a few seconds later all gets really smooth. The big flat areas will get the bar and all the nooks and crannys will get the thinner. Oh well at least I wil get to inspect the whole bike for trouble spots.

Had to write –

This reminded me of when I was in Germany and was able to afford my first new Harley Davidson ( Not just new for me). I went with a friend and we used his truck to pick it up (1997 Softball Custom). Anyway, we got it home unloaded it from the truck and everyone had to sit on it. Well my son who was just 5 at the time wanted to sit on it so my wife being the loving lady she is …. lifted him up and set him in the seat. All was good until it was time to take him off. You know those shiny things on the side of foot gear called buckles. Well one of them put a scratch about 2 inches long across the top of the fuel tank. I was in shock…. Just looked and walked into the garage for a bit. Well… as everyone knows the first scratch is the hardest. I never did repair it. Just left it there. And to this day the scooter is in the garage and it will be passed to my son when he turns 21 or when I think he is mature enough for it. Scratch and all. Guess it is safe to say pledge stops working here!!!

Back