free website stats program Offset of rear wheel / tire | Harley Davidson Forums

Offset of rear wheel / tire

muttlange

Does anybody know if a rear wheel on a 2008 Softail Deluxe is off set? I noticed this awhile back and just really noticed that mine is not centered with the rear Fender. I guess I'm JUST ANAL about it LOL....:newsmile042:

Does anybody know if a rear wheel on a 2008 Softail Deluxe is off set? I noticed this awhile back and just really noticed that mine is not centered with the rear Fender. I guess I'm JUST ANAL about it LOL....:newsmile042:

I always thought all Softails looked that way TOO:s

They are not offset. How much difference are we talking about?

a 2008 Softail Deluxe is off set?

The question is "offset" to what? The fender or the centerline of the frame. If it is the centerline of the frame, the front wheel better be offset also. Both wheels must track on the same imaginary centerline. That is unless you like problems like cornering wobble.:)

There is no WOBBLE and as far as I can tell the wheel is lined up straight with the FRAME. The fender though has a wider gap between it and the tire more so on the left of the bike. I've just recently noticed it so, now it drives me crazy!!!!!

My 94FLSTC had the same look from the rear. I measured everything to see if something was out of line with the frame or if the axel spacing was wrong. The only thing I cam up with is that the struts that hold the rear fender were off. I stacked 2 2X4s on each side of the rear wheel and screwed them to the floor. With the bike upright I had a buddy push on one side of the struts and I pulled on the other. A couple of push and pulls later we had the fender centered over the wheel.

Back