free website stats program Off to slay the dragon! | Harley Davidson Forums

Off to slay the dragon!

flstcdorr

Couple of us are headed to Tennessee over Easter weekend. Will be staying in the Alcoa-Maryville area. Planning to run the dragon while there. Any other must see or do's while in the area?:D Any thing to avoid?:58:
-dorr

Watch out for the organ donors on the crotch rockets on the Dragon. Take your time and enjoy the ride. BE SAFE!!

1. Ride within YOUR abilities - don't worry about keeping up with anyone else.

2. Do NOT attempt to enjoy the scenery - concentrate on the road.

3. If possible, wave faster riders past.

4. Stay at or below the speed limit and stay in your own lane at all times.

I've also ridden the Cherohala Skyway and it's beautiful and more relaxing.

Let us know how it goes!

I have ridden the Dragon several times. It is a great little strip of highway if you enjoy some twisties. Last year it was even more enjoyable to me. It was being patroled pretty good. It was the first time I didn't meet any crotch rockets coming around the curves all the way over the yellow line in my lane. As mentioned by Dr Doolittle, the Cherohola Skyway is great. Still plenty of curves, but its more relaxed without all the switchbacks. It's also more forgiving if you take a quick peek at the scenery. Hope you enjoy your trip. Let us know what you think when you get back home.

Thanks for the well wishes and advice...
No intensions of breaking any records. We will be taking it real easy. We will be taking our wives. When I run a little to fast for her, I get long needle-like fingernails digging into my sides, which immediately lowers my right wrist.:small3d002:

biglew55 - Some of the You-tube videos are pretty awesome, Thanks.

Let you all know how it goes.

Ride safe
dorr

Couple of us are headed to Tennessee over Easter weekend. Will be staying in the Alcoa-Maryville area. Planning to run the dragon while there. Any other must see or do's while in the area?:D Any thing to avoid?:58:
-dorr

Hope the weather will be good for you. I've been wanting to go but I have to wait until later in the year.

If you plan to go again later in the summer, let me know. I'm looking for someone from our area to make the ride with.

Back