free website stats program Off to Mobile ...AGAIN | Harley Davidson Forums

Off to Mobile ...AGAIN

Redfish-Joe

More leaks. At least I have factory Customer Service involved finally. If they want to set a new drive train in the frame I won't object but at this point I think the only way to resolve the problem is with a suitable load of high explosives. :D

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them or am I the poster boy for bad luck??

More leaks. At least I have factory Customer Service involved finally. If they want to set a new drive train in the frame I won't object but at this point I think the only way to resolve the problem is with a suitable load of high explosives. :D

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them or am I the poster boy for bad luck??

I know I saw something on this but I can't seem to find the post that said what is leaking. Hope whatever it is they can solve it for you.

Is that at the trans main shaft seal and the inner primary mainshaft seal?

Sure looks like it. All seals have been replaced several times. Last go around with it, we did a tracer dye test and they thought the transmission case was leaching oil. Replaced it with a new case. Seals replaced then also!

Best of luck to you Joe, With the Factory Rep involved this time maybe they'll get to the bottom of it & make you a Happy customer. Please keep us informed.

Sure looks like it. All seals have been replaced several times. Last go around with it, we did a tracer dye test and they thought the transmission case was leaching oil. Replaced it with a new case. Seals replaced then also!

Wonder if the machined interface where the trans mounts to the engine was done at an angle and the mainshaft is not square to the primary. When they went to the trans engine connection the fit became critical.

Back