free website stats program Oem or aftermarket battery? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oem or aftermarket battery?

I bought my bike in October of '05, it's an '06 Deuce. I still have the OEM battery in it and it spins the engine like the day I took it home. I'll replace it next winter just to be safe though.
(The battery tender is plugged in any time the engine is not running)

OEM is best. Also if you want to get 5 Years plus out of your battery...Spend $40.00 on the Harley Battery tender. Also comes with jumper cables for quick jump if needed. Great set up.

OEM is best. Also if you want to get 5 Years plus out of your battery...Spend $40.00 on the Harley Battery tender. Also comes with jumper cables for quick jump if needed. Great set up.

...and on the other side of the coin. Still doing the regular shop maintenance as scheduled and the OEM was replaced by them as per warranty around the end of the first year(2012). Also verified the charging system was doing good! That OEM, number 2, lastly just long enough to get out of the warranty period. Still went with the OEM for third time just to see! It was my work ride so I did not worry about charging it over-night! Ride year-round! Steve

Just goes to show.......!

I have never had a new oem battery last me more than 3 years always replaced with another Harley battery....I am curious how these mew lithium ion batteries work and I believer dry cell batteries are available now ...anyone know more about them?

I have never had a new oem battery last me more than 3 years always replaced with another Harley battery....I am curious how these mew lithium ion batteries work and I believer dry cell batteries are available now ...anyone know more about them?

I guess I have been very fortunate. I have had a couple of them last over five years, and I don't think I've ever replaced one in less than four.

Back