free website stats program odometer | Harley Davidson Forums

odometer

70chevybb

Just traded my 70chevy truck for a 2005 heritage. the last Harley I owned was an 89 heritage. I was wondering if the odometer staying on without the light is normal? What RPM should the engine idle at?

P.S. New to the forum and my first post.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 30
Not sure the question about odometer. It is always on when bike is running...
Idle should be around 900-1100 RPM....

Just traded my 70chevy truck for a 2005 heritage. the last Harley I owned was an 89 heritage. I was wondering if the odometer staying on without the light is normal? What RPM should the engine idle at?

P.S. New to the forum and my first post.
Can you expand on this? Is the display staying on with engine off? I have seen this with the HD speedo-tach set up not installed by the dealer once

Is it possible the display button is sticking? Maybe from water in trusion or over washing

bike is off, ignition switch off, lights off and the digits are still on. I called the local Harley dealer and they are telling me it is normal. It is really not a big deal just thought I'd ask about it. It starts runs and makes me happy just can't wait for summer.

Thanks,Wes

Doesn't sound normal to me. My '03 is completely off when the ign. switch is off. I would think it has to be a drain on the battery.

Back