free website stats program Octane | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Octane

Well here is what I found. Don't know if I should use it or not. There is a place here where I can get 90 Octane recreational NO ETHANOL gas.

Not sure what the difference is between 90 octane recreational and non recreational gas is, but it has no ethanol in it. It smells and even looks different from the ethanol gas.

Question I have is the 90 octane non ethanol better than the 91 or 93 octane with ethanol?

Several people I have talked to said. Heck yea. If they could get their hands on non ethanol fuel they would use it.

YES. ANY "gasoline" is better than "gasohol". I can run 87 octane unleaded "gasoline" in my FatBoy fine. I don't ride hard or 2 up, so I'm not hard on engine. That being said, what I try to do is keep between 1 to 2 gallons of 87 gasoline in tank with the rest either Shell or Phillips 93 gasohol to keep % of ethanol down. I also every tank, put in either 1oz Lucas fuel treatment or 1oz Marvel Mystery Oil. Works for me.
wilks3 :D
:USA

Well here is what I found. Don't know if I should use it or not. There is a place here where I can get 90 Octane recreational NO ETHANOL gas.

Not sure what the difference is between 90 octane recreational and non recreational gas is, but it has no ethanol in it. It smells and even looks different from the ethanol gas.

Question I have is the 90 octane non ethanol better than the 91 or 93 octane with ethanol?

Several people I have talked to said. Heck yea. If they could get their hands on non ethanol fuel they would use it.

If you know Your MPG you are getting from Your 10% alcohol fuel, MIGHT check it using NON alcohol fuel and Tell us the IMPROVEMENT in MPG you get..

Increases of 10/20% I would bet...

signed....BUBBIE

I always run a non-ethanol fuel if possible in all of my motorcycles and even the spin trimmer and lawn mower. It makes a difference in performance and the fuel will last longer if it sits. I also add some of this - Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - HOME - if there is any question on the quality of the fuel. They package it in convenient "shooter" bottles that fit nicely in the tool pack and will treat 6gal of fuel, just in case I have to buy gas at a back-woods stop.

Better safe than sorry.

Oh by the way, pre-ignition (pinging) is going on long before you can actually hear it.

If you know Your MPG you are getting from Your 10% alcohol fuel, MIGHT check it using NON alcohol fuel and Tell us the IMPROVEMENT in MPG you get..

Increases of 10/20% I would bet...

signed....BUBBIE

Actually since I started using the 90 Octane Non Ethanol I have been getting really good gas mileage. If I was using the 93 ethonal gas I was only getting maybe 149 around town to a tank. But now I am getting 175 to 180 around town. I am getting great mileage on a tank of gas.

My bike has 77k on it, and it runs better than ever since I started using the 90 Octane Non ethanol. What a huge difference in performance also. WOW:newsmile108:

Back