free website stats program octane booster ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

octane booster ??

ironmark

I am in Nevada right now riding in NV AZ CA for the winter . I can only find 91 octane fuel that is oxygenated for the winter & the bike seems to have a slight spark knock , the bike has a 103 stage 2 kit in it with a custom map . Back home I get 93 octane & have no knock so I am wondering if it would help to add a octane booster & would the additive do any damage to the engine .

Adding a bit of booster would not have any bad effects. NOT using it and hearing a knock on the other hand would have a bad effect.

I bought a couple bottles of booster when premium was non-existant in Georgia several months back but never used it. Dealer said no problem with it - used as directed I think it boosts your octane around 10 numbers so you could use it half strength and be just fine.

I am in Nevada right now riding in NV AZ CA for the winter . I can only find 91 octane fuel that is oxygenated for the winter & the bike seems to have a slight spark knock , the bike has a 103 stage 2 kit in it with a custom map . Back home I get 93 octane & have no knock so I am wondering if it would help to add a octane booster & would the additive do any damage to the engine .

I take it that your mods. were set-up for your Mich. weather -- would the "west coast" enviroment/altitudes have a effect on your scoot --- just asking???

Back