free website stats program Octane boost do you need it | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Octane boost do you need it

Ironmark: I'll be darned i looked it up on google this is from Chevron : Oxygenated gasoline is a mixture of conventional gasoline and one or more combustible liquids which contain oxygen. At present, ethanol is the most common oxygenate in the United States. The government requires gasoline to be oxygenated during the winter in areas that have a carbon monoxide pollution problem (cold weather and atmospheric inversions worsen carbon monoxide pollution). Oxygenated gasoline helps engines run leaner, which helps some engines – particularly older engines – produce less carbon monoxide.
My 06 FLSTC ran much better as soon as the Oregan fuel was out of the tank and CA fuel was replced so I don't get it. something was worse in Oregon. only in oregon my bike and the 96 Bad boy with a carb were running hot, popping, No power going up grades. we rode about 800 miles threw the state. NV, UT, WY, MT ID,CA all these states the bikes ran GREAT.
Kinda makes me wonder if the oregon gas in question would test out to be more than 10% ethanol.:20:

I would not use marvel mystery oil too much because it has parifin wax in it , a little bit may not hurt though . It will not boost the octane or help the pinging but it will lubricate the fuel pump some IMO.

Back