free website stats program Octane boost do you need it | Harley Davidson Forums

Octane boost do you need it

IR Rick

We over here in Oregon run corn Fuel,
we can only get 92 oct. Lot of the time my bike will ping when i get on it
the HD shop said to try some of this Lequid Hoursepower Has anybody eales been using additves?:p:p

I don't know where to buy Liquid Horsepower in Canada. Does anyone use PJ1: Octane Plus ??

Opinions ??

All I can find is 91 octane locally.

Thanks

Last month I went threw Oregon from Plymouth to Redmound to Florence south down the hwy 101 coast line. My Bike ran terrible, on that Mandatory 10% corn liquor. It took two fill ups from CA to get the engine runnig right. I wish I knew which fuel additive to put in my tank.

I go to my local autoparts store and pick a bottle of Lucas Octane booster, 1 of the few true boosters out there. a bottle costs about $10 bucks and lasts for 4 fill ups.
If you have ever used Lucas products, you know they make a great product.

I would be VERY UNHAPPY if the state I lived in forced me to use that fuel. Thats all Glider will alow me to say on this subject. Grrrrrr. :-(

Can see your dilemma, but the real issue is to find a brand of gas that works best and stay with it. Octane boost may work in your case to "mask" the problem with bad gas...so JMO, I would run tankfuls of different 91-92 RO gas as recommended in your manual for your bike, and find which one runs best. Surprisingly, ARCO ran pretty good in mine (found I could even run 89 RO if my riding was primarily solo, 92 RO when two up or in the canyons) although some brands like Shell not so well. At some point you may want to run a fueler like Techclusion TFI to richen things up a bit and run cooler, as well as run 100% Synthetic Engine oil to prevent early oil breakdown.

Almost all gas has 10% ethenol added to it , pure 100% gas is rare . When I go to Vegas for the winter & I will ride in NV , CA , AZ , UT & all I can find is 91 octane gas & my bike will ping when going uphills , so I started using the Lucas octane booster & it seemed to help , they also oxygenate the fuel in the winter months out there & that may have something to do with it . Here in Michigan most all premium gas is 93 octane & I do not have any pinging in the motor at all , so there must be something to that .

Back