free website stats program O2 Sonsor DTC P0131 & P0151 need help!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

O2 Sonsor DTC P0131 & P0151 need help!!!

Hey Glider,

So three things:

1. Thanks again for your help. This is the best Harley forum on the internet.

2. I brought the bike into the dealer and found out the O2 sensor diagnostic code is common and most likely due to the fuel processor. Nothing major.

and 3. You were right about the intake leak. I decided to upgrade to the SE stage 1 cleaner and when I took the stock one off the gasket was the problem. It was barely holding.(odd for a brand new bike, but I'm relieved non the less) After putting on the new element and gasket etc... the bike is running like a champ!

Thanks again!

Live Free, Ride Hard!

What's common is for an H-D Dealer to quickly blame a problem on an after market part with out even looking into the "real" cause of the problem. I ran the cobra for 10,000 miles and never had a problem with the check engine light because of it.

I agree with you on that. The harley techs always have a quick answer...but the bike seems to be running fine. It's under warranty, thankfully...and if anything major goes wrong they'll be hearing from a "lemon" attorney.

First off....Glider... you're the man... this site, and you especially, are such a help to all who need it. Great job and thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Second, I'm a happy man...I traded in the Nightster for a Street Bob and couldn't be happier. This is the bike I shoulda got in the first place. It's a dream...and running perfect. The difference is night and day. Handling...EFI..everything

That Nightster definitely had some EFI issues that the techs over there just didn't want to take care of(or didn't know how to take care of)...this bike runs and feels great... And hopefully by the time it does have problems... the warranty will be up and I can handle it myself with the help of you and this forum. I'm semi-mechanically inclined, but have no idea what to do with these fuel injected issues.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the kind words nupicasso. Glad to help out with problems. I know what most go through with the incompetent dealers and the techs that think they know it all but yet can't fix things.

You have to change your avatar info now with the new bike too:D

Good luck with the new bike, you made a good choice there.

Yeah, it's unfortunate the techs are such knuckleheads...because everyone else at the Glendale Harley Dealership are good people. Oh well...seems like every dealership has tech issues.

My Avatar picture will be changed ASAP!! :)

Back