free website stats program O2 sensors | Harley Davidson Forums

O2 sensors

johnnyg

Hey guys, i'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm installing my first set of pipes myself. I'm at the part of connecting the O2 sensors, there are 2 wires, one has a black harness, the other has a white harness. Does it matter which wire goes to which pipe? For example, is the black one suppose to connect to the front pipe or does it matter?

Thanks for the help.

Isn't each "wire" actually made up of two wires inside one harness? It is in most cases. Would you know the colors of the two wires in each harness. It does make a difference (in a Big way) which goes where.

There are actually 4 wires to each O2 sensor. Therefore, 2 sets of 4 wires. One set has a black harness on one end, the other has a white harness.

Johnny, those o2 sensors are heated sensors. My manuals only cover 2 wire (non-heated) sensors up to 2009 FLXX. 2010 must be the 1st year for 4 wire sensors so I can't be of much help to you.

One thing I can tell you is, it does make a different where each cable goes.

Hoop, do my eyes deceive me? You are the Electric Man. Come on do a little reasearch and help the guy out. LOL Just kidding.

Hoop, do my eyes deceive me? You are the Electric Man. Come on do a little reasearch and help the guy out. LOL Just kidding.

Well actually anyone who works on their own bike at any level should have a Factory Service Manual nearby for easy "look up" questions.. If you own your bike for more than a couple of years, you just can't go wrong. :p:p

I agree with Hoople, owning a manual is a must if you are going to work on your bike. But if you're like me when you're taking things apart take pictures and write things down. With the notes and pix alongside the manual things go back together alot easier.

I agree with Hoople, owning a manual is a must if you are going to work on your bike. But if you're like me when you're taking things apart take pictures and write things down. With the notes and pix alongside the manual things go back together alot easier.

Don that is a great way to do repairs step by step before and after pics and u can then load it on your puter for future refs or sharing I like it:D

Back