O2 Ied

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by flhrrider, Sep 8, 2008.

1. flhrrider

flhrrider Member

Thanks for the tip on this one. Makes a noticeable difference all around on my 08 FLHR
    flhrrider:D

2. flhrrider

flhrrider Member

O2 IED puts the AF ratio at 14.2. That's what I got and it seems to work very well. The bike is otherwise bone stock with 1400 miles. The xied puts the AF ratio at 13.8. They make a new one that yields 14.0. It took about 5 minutes to install.
    flhrrider

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

I sport the Xieds also i was wondering when i got them if the 14.2 would be enough so for same money i went with the 13.8 version

4. flhrrider

flhrrider Member

A little can go a long way. The dyno tech said that 14.2 is what he'd set up on a Power Commander with everything stock. Just enough fuel to cool it a bit and smooth it out. Too much might cut into my gas mileage. There is a certain amout of trial and error. This is my main touring ride. The most important parameter to me is range. That's why I got the '08. The EFI should return 50mpg with the 6 gallon tank. I'll find out tomorrow.
    flhrrider

5. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

i've never managed the 50mph with or with out the xieds 44 is about tops for me but i get 42-44 everywhere round town or xway