free website stats program O- Ring on Trans. drainplug ? | Harley Davidson Forums

O- Ring on Trans. drainplug ?

lakeforktx

Anybody know the size of the o-ring on the tranny drainplug on a 04 Electra Glide with a 5 speed... I fixing to go to town don't have time to hunt it up.. thought someone might know off the top of there head thanks....

Don't know the size but what I did was purchase 1 from the stealer at their ridiculous price and then took it to the local auto supply store and bought a dozen quality O rings for the same price as the 1 , using it as a size guide.

Anybody know the size of the o-ring on the tranny drainplug on a 04 Electra Glide with a 5 speed... I fixing to go to town don't have time to hunt it up.. thought someone might know off the top of there head thanks....

9/16 od by 7/16 id by 1/16:D

O-ring assortments can be had at your local auto parts store like O'Rieley's, Advanced Auto and others or Harbor Freight...all open EVEN on Sunday!

I bought 1/2 dozen on eBay for $2.50, free shipping and he throws in an extra one. He also has the clips for the brake and clutch lever pins, 4 for $2.50 free shipping.
kemo

Last edited:
Thanks guys I went to the auto parts store and bought a whole kit with all differnt size o-rings in it for about 6 bucks ... I sure they will come in handy.. 2 days ago we had 67* and nice, we were riding with only long sleeve shirts on and today we got 6" of snow .. who would have thought it ... thought it would be a good day to go down to the shop and do some maintance on the Electra Glide .... Thanks again guys......:D

Thanks guys I went to the auto parts store and bought a whole kit with all differnt size o-rings in it for about 6 bucks ... I sure they will come in handy.. 2 days ago we had 67* and nice, we were riding with only long sleeve shirts on and today we got 6" of snow .. who would have thought it ... thought it would be a good day to go down to the shop and do some maintance on the Electra Glide .... Thanks again guys......:D

Be careful you use the correct thickness, the assortment packs are great they tend to be on the thick side. If more than 1/16th thick they will split and or not tighten enough to seal, ask me how I know this, Capital Jack

Ok Jack how you know.... I did notice that the new ones seem to be maybe a little thicker...????? Tell me more my friend....

Ok Jack how you know.... I did notice that the new ones seem to be maybe a little thicker...????? Tell me more my friend....

OK, but you wont like it, just be careful they dont cut or loosen up, I have seen this and repaired stripped plugs for friends who went this route:s I work in Automotive shop and have seen and used these assortments often, I check them with a micrometer to be exact, cant take chances with the paying customers and it makes me look bad and I dont need any help there

Last edited by a moderator:
10-4 Jack ...I hope I don't have any trouble with it ... I will get any future ones from the over priced motor company or the = to... I just wanted to get the + P Harley out of my tranny .. Not shifting good and having a hard time finding neautral...with the snow and all nothing else to do......:D

Back