free website stats program NY JETS=Total train wreck | Harley Davidson Forums

NY JETS=Total train wreck

RUSHMORE_14

WOW what a difference a year makes....to think, these guys actually called themselves the CLASS of New York.

My Giants are not perfect, often time I'd call them bad, but the Jets are a total train wreck

.....calling out their quarteback, fighting with eachother on the field, getting rid of the Offensive Coodinator (resigned with 3.2 million on the table....forced out to me) then, the go and hire Tony Sporano from the sleepwalking Dolphins.

As a fan of this great game we call Football, I need some thoughts on this.

They need to get Farve back @ QB - our Vikes gave him up to time to make an offer...;)

And yes, I am a MN Viking fan (sorry to say). There's always next season...

I think these are just more symptoms of the game becoming less a team sport and more an individual sport every season. Of course it's also about the almighty dollar, otherwise we never would have seen the likes of Michael Vick and some others in uniform again. A great many of our sacred institutions are crumbling.

They need to get Farve back @ QB - our Vikes gave him up to time to make an offer...;)

And yes, I am a MN Viking fan (sorry to say). There's always next season...

Vikes Fan! Me too! we have to stay strong during these hard times:)

Frankly, I think it stems from the top.....Rex Ryan. I think this was going on all along, but because they were winning it was always masked.

As a former coach I always said, winning is a great medicine!
I just hope that Football doesn't start putting its players, individuals like the above mentioned, before the game. No one person is ever bigger than the game.

Frankly, I think it stems from the top.....Rex Ryan. I think this was going on all along, but because they were winning it was always masked.

As a former coach I always said, winning is a great medicine!
I just hope that Football doesn't start putting its players, individuals like the above mentioned, before the game. No one person is ever bigger than the game.
Well said Heritage.

Vikes Fan! Me too! we have to stay strong during these hard times:)

marcus22; I'll never give up...been with them through Fran Tarkenton/Alan Page years when we were always the bridesmaid. Like you say - we'll power through!!!

marcus22; I'll never give up...been with them through Fran Tarkenton/Alan Page years when we were always the bridesmaid. Like you say - we'll power through!!!

Even after spending most of my life in Mn, I am still a fan of the Purple People Eaters, Trouble is we don't get many of their games here in Jacksonville:s

As a Jets fan it was as difficult season to watch. They imploded, just focused on trying to get talent instead of ensuring you had a team that could work well together. This only works if you are winning, as noted above, once it starts to fall apart it becomes a finger pointing contest.

I like Rex as a coach, not to say I like his mouth, but he clearly has some qualities that work, else we would not have gone to the AFC championship last year and before.

As for Schotty being pushed out, that had to happen, his play calling was abysmal and offense line was the worst this year. The key area they needed to work on was the pass rush and they put no money there, just focused on the blitz, which they did less of this year and it showed as the defense was just terrible.

Overall, while others disagree, I am still for Sanchez leading. It is his 3rd year, he came out of college early, so you have to give him time (after all look at Alex Smith, 9er fans have been calling for his head for the past 3 years too, now...). Now it is time to look at the defense, pull them together and get the garbage out of the locker room, hopefully Sporano can clean up the offense. He had a bad season, but let us not forget his work in Dallas and first year in Miami... How quickly we forget the good years.

I was disappointed this year, but am hopeful that they will get things back on track for next season. Still some growing to do, no need to fire anymore coaches, the last thing the Jets need to do is turn into the coaching merry go round like the Raiders, a even bigger train wreck.

Back