free website stats program Numbness in your hand | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Numbness in your hand

Hey Joe,
We are off of the fist exit going north on 985.
Most of my guys are pretty good on the roads. I have GPS on all of them and it emails my phone when they go over 78 mph. They were mad about it at first but then changed there thoughts on it as it is protecting there license.

you are right twisted grip you have to cover your back side, or somebody will own your business, hey Fourdogs I had a lady not to long ago get mad at me sitting next to her under a bridge because my bike was to loud while she was on the phone. ( I cant wait untill I get those Sampsons):bigsmiley18:

I rode for about 100 miles today, but my throttle hand kept going numb what is the best way to stop this. I am a rookie so is it something yu just have to work through or are there some good ways of taking care of this problem. I would like to say thanks for your time and support in advance:42:
Hey Cuz, I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this move, but I went with keuryeken ( I know that is probably spelled wrong too, didn't want to look it up) grips, throttle rocker, and for the record, I have found that gloves helped a lot. I would probably rate them: gloves, throttle rocker, then the grips, however, I can do some rides without gloves now too, so they all have value. Probably less than $100 invested, (I did get a deal on the grips, the guys at the shop like me:))

Good luck out there.

Take a look at the Kuryakyn Premium ISO-Grip Set (Kuryakyn part number 6212) which includes a Throttle Boss. Throttle Boss functions like the throttle rocker. Have known many folks that complained of the numbness issue, changed to this particular set of grips and the problem lessened if not went away. Just an idea. Have a great holiday!
Ha, I should have read closer.....(see previous post :D) He he he, I'm pretty sure that's my set up......

Hello cuznjed i have carpel tunnel and my hands get so bad i have to look at them to make sure I'm holding the handlebars. if the RKC did not have cruse control I'm not sure i could ride anymore i do all my highway riding with my hands on my lap{i know i know not that safe} but i keep a sharp eye on the road i go for miles that way if the traffic is heavy i will switch hands its a pain in the butt. but after some time on the road. and some days it dont take long my hands hurt so bad:cry i have to put them down
You & my husband.....geez, don't you know that is scary for those of us watching? Did you know too that you can actually steer the bike by sticking a knee out or by sticking your arms out and turning your hands in the wind? My husband has shoulder trouble and that's how he entertains himself.......

I am still pretty new to bikes so I appreciate any help, once it warms up and I can get some serious time in the saddle I will be able to check different ideas out. Thanks to all for the good info and the good laughs:s

Back