free website stats program Numbness in your hand | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Numbness in your hand

I had the same thing when I started riding. Turned out I was just too tense. With experience I became more relaxed and the numbness disappeared. could just be you need to ride more and relax. Try changing your grip occasionally. Move your hand in or out on the grip and loosen and tighten occasionally. Works for me, anyway.

DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner.

Cuz, I think joesnuffy hit the nail on the head.
Just relax a little on the grip and you'll notice a big difference.

In the meantime, maybe some riding gloves with gel inserts might help cushion the death-grip some.
Olympia makes some gel-gloves that I've used.
They held up real well.
Take a look at them online, they're not overly expensive.
The gel helps reduce hand fatigue and vibration...so it may help with the numbness coming from the tight grip too.

Quite often the result of tension and gripping the controls too tightly. As you gain more experience, you will loosen your grip and the numbness will go away.
Only time I ever get this is with cold weather riding, or sometime on 300 to 400 mile rides.
Relax your grip and don't lean into the controls, and I think you will feel better.

I had the same problem for the first few months riding in the higher traffic in this state when i moved here but have gotten use to it and relaxed alot and it is no longer a problem.

Listening to alot of you guy's stories and I bet I am still nervous around some of the traffic, The big trucks get me pretty good. I used to drive an 18 wheeler and always gave bikers a wide birth, but man some of them sure do cut it close.

Not all of us are jackasses in or around Atlanta! :D
But Bro I do feel your pain, they cant drive for their lives around here!:no
Ever get up to Buford? If so stop by and say hello!:cheers

I agree joesnuffy, I bet if more truckers rode a bike they would understand. I use to do the same by giving them as much room as I could.

IMO,
I think every one that drives a car, truck, minivan or any other type of transportation should have to take some type of motorcycle class. This may open their eyes just a little bit more...

Hey Glider, Do you use this particular item? If so, how do you like it, both for funtion and looks? Thanks.
Mark

No I don't use it but know a few that do and they like it. It's barely noticeable on the bike.

I just let my hand sleep and wake it up when I am done riding.:D

Back