free website stats program Numbness in your hand | Harley Davidson Forums

Numbness in your hand

cuznjed

I rode for about 100 miles today, but my throttle hand kept going numb what is the best way to stop this. I am a rookie so is it something yu just have to work through or are there some good ways of taking care of this problem. I would like to say thanks for your time and support in advance:42:

The above suggestions are very good, especially the part about seeing a doctor if the problem persists. The only other suggestion I have to offer is to try buckskin gloves. I've worn them for years when riding and they can make a difference. The surface of the buckskin is "sticky" and holds on to the throttle so you can relax your hand more. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. Get a pair and rub a finger over the outside of the glove. It drags. In a fistfight they will also open a cut on the opponents face with every punch but that's another story.

Storm

Take a look at the Kuryakyn Premium ISO-Grip Set (Kuryakyn part number 6212) which includes a Throttle Boss. Throttle Boss functions like the throttle rocker. Have known many folks that complained of the numbness issue, changed to this particular set of grips and the problem lessened if not went away. Just an idea. Have a great holiday!

Hello cuznjed i have carpel tunnel and my hands get so bad i have to look at them to make sure I'm holding the handlebars. if the RKC did not have cruse control I'm not sure i could ride anymore i do all my highway riding with my hands on my lap{i know i know not that safe} but i keep a sharp eye on the road i go for miles that way if the traffic is heavy i will switch hands its a pain in the butt. but after some time on the road. and some days it dont take long my hands hurt so bad:cry i have to put them down

I rode for about 100 miles today, but my throttle hand kept going numb what is the best way to stop this. I am a rookie so is it something yu just have to work through or are there some good ways of taking care of this problem. I would like to say thanks for your time and support in advance:42:
..use cruise controll
:D

Sorry i did not finish my thought.... i do have CTS..and yeah its a real pain in the butt...not wantin to get the operation so I sleep in wrist brace..Ace TekZone...and have to use cruise controll..also had the EZ clutch installed as well ..I don't want to give up riding ..and have put many miles on the old bike ...but am comfortable now with it ..have a standard Roadking..Good Luck to yah..and Hey I did feel your pain....:s

Hey fourdogs thanks for the info good idea, and joesnuffy I never thought about that. it very well could be, I get a little stiff on the highway dealing with the real close traffic, not quite totally use to it yet. Thanks everyone for your time and have a great Christmas:D

Since I ride a shovel my hand goes numb when I kick it thru to prime it for starting:reyes Its a common problem, I get it because of arthritis in the spine and various damaged body parts. I just lock the throttle and shake it off, I think I may try the throttle rocker though.

Back