free website stats program number of teeth in my pulley | Harley Davidson Forums

number of teeth in my pulley

shrini23

I want to switch my stock pulley to a chrome pulley. I've been shopping in the market for it and I do see a lot of chromed ones with 66 teeth and 70 teeth pulley.

Can someone pls advice me on what is the number of teeth on a 2009 FXDC stock pulley.

It's in your owners manual under "Specifications - sprocket teeth". An alternative to a high dollar chrome pully is a chrome pully cover. I have had one on my '92 FXD for 18 years, still looks good, and was only $50 (then).

Darn...I checked my manual and there is nothing mentioned about the sprocket.
I spoke to 2 HD dealerships near my home one guys is saying it is 66 teeth on the sprocket and the other one told me its 70 teeth.

I'm totally confused now... :small3d007:

Put a chock mark where you start and count them then you will know for sure.

I want to switch my stock pulley to a chrome pulley. I've been shopping in the market for it and I do see a lot of chromed ones with 66 teeth and 70 teeth pulley.

Can someone pls advice me on what is the number of teeth on a 2009 FXDC stock pulley.

If this helps, the Service Manual for the 2007 Dyna shows the rear wheel sprocket as having 66 teeth. This info is shown as the first item on page 6-1. I don't think HD changed this between the '07 and '09 models.

The full info on the sprockets and number of teeth:

Compensating 34
Clutch 46
Transmission 32
Rear wheel 66 (64 for the Japan model)

2009 Dyna Service Manual pg. 5-2
Table 5-1 Sprocket specifications
Rear wheel 66 teeth

Thank you so much for your clarification, hdtimeline members are better than dealers :D (well informed)
Can you also pls tell which one of these should I purchase? since I want to buy a direct replacement for stock sprocket I dont wanna adjust belt tension or anything of that sort. I just wanna replace stock sprocket to a chromed one.
What is the belt dimension?
1" x 66T
1 1/2" x 66T
1 1/8" x 66T

Last edited:
Back