free website stats program Numb butt | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Numb butt

I rode on a Corbin seat for 8years :D then thought a solo seat would look cool :s ...so I purchased a new solo seat (not a Corbin) and sold the old Corbin to a friend...BIG mistake :small3d007:

If you can spend the 500 bucks for a Corbin I would do it. They (in my opnion make the best seat on the market). The foam Corbin use's is hard at first but after 2000 miles it will conform to your seating position. I have never had a stock harley seat that would work for my body.
I never understood why HD can not make a seat that is comfortable. U would think it would be a high priority.:bigsmiley28:
Buy the matching Corbin backrest, U will ride past your bedtime

Last edited:
I have been buying aftermarket seats for the last few months now and havent been happy with any of them amd I keep selling them and putting my stock one back on.Wednesday I rode to Indiana for a convention (600 miles) and by the time I got there I felt like I had ridden 2000 miles non-stop I could hardly hold the bike up to let my wife off then I hobbled around for an hour trying to get feeling back in my extremities.Thurs. morning I bought a sundowner for $250. and put it on in Hoosiers parking lot. Went for a rip to Indianapolis down to goshen then back to Elkhart and no pain!!
Today took a long winding route home 1000 miles and feel great. My only complaint is after the sun went down the temp. dropped to the 30s and we froze for the last 150 miles.

On a side note,Indiana is a helmet free state and I had forgotten how nice it is to ride with the wind in your hair and no cumbersome helmet:D

I had the same problem with my '08 Fatboy when I first bought it. I considered a number of after-market options, but decided to go with Mean City cycles mod of my oem seat. I got the "Double Decker Memory Foam" mod. Mean City was very helpful and turn-around time was quick - I was only without the seat for 5 days total. Best $175 (includes shipping), I ever spent! The seat looks exactly the same as it did before, but feels 100% better. Now I have to stop for gas before I have to stop for numb (EDIT)

:D

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back