free website stats program NTOSKRNL-HOOK | Harley Davidson Forums

NTOSKRNL-HOOK

M' one.

Did'nt know where to post this but I thought this would be a good place to start. Any of you guys know anything about the "NTOSKRNL-HOOK" virus. Just found out my computer has it and one of the things it does is to prevent you from downloading any info or software about the virus, my wife has tried everything she knows (she is the computer person in the household) but to no avail, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Glider, we've tried both of these and followed their advice but the virus is still there. It appears some people have had good results with this and others hav'nt. The virus is at a stage now where it is hindering access to these forums, it continually redirects you.

The McAfee scan finds it and reports that it has fixed it but the virus remains and the Spybot will not open, you'r second option we hav'nt tried yet so we'll give it a go and see what happens. The virus it appears is in the root directory. We recently changed to McAee and we used to run the AVG, sort of sorry we changed now.

Last edited:
May have to go through Task Manager, find the task that is running and stop the process, then let McAfee do its work. If that doesn't work, may be time for a format and reboot. I tend to do this to my computers every couple of years or so, makes them work like new too.

If you run McAfee, get in touch with them and they will take you through it how to remove it. Open the program down by the clock and go into "get support" and then go on to "virus removal" Be prepared to spend some time but they will do it. Choose "virtual support" there.

Tried the SnapFiles download, it ran and reported nothing found but virus still there. All the other suggestions above, except the format and reboot, have been done but to no avail. McAfee seem to be a little behind the virus in this particular case. I have to head off to work for a few days now and I'll try the format and reboot when I return. One thing that worries me is if I save any personal files on a disc and subsequently reload them after a format, the virus may be carried back in with the personal files. Guys, many thanks for the input please keep it coming and I'll catch up with it when I return from work, my wife and I have been running scan after scan for almost 4 days now and as you can tell, without success, so all and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, M'

Depends on what you have in your personal files. Save what you need, not just your entire folder (always a fear though that you might lose something, my wife about killed me the last time cause I lost her email address book...I had mine though..oops) Get your virus scanner and definitions up to data before loading any data, then load again what you need, keep the disks to take the other stuff off as you need it. The whole process is a pain but the only way to kill it.

Back