Now you can tow your car to bike week too!

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Safehaven, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Safehaven

Safehaven Active Member

A Swedish company just released a tow that you can hook up to your bike which is able to pull a load of 5500 lbs..

The article below has a pic showing a beemer break being towed by a goldwing..

The Retriever -- Autoblog

Sure thought it would be funny to ride it to a local (as the top speed is limited to 20mph) bike meeting :)

Take care!

2. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

I can't imagine how that made it through R&D to be actually built, you'd think some one along the way would have said "are you serious?"

3. trike lady

trike lady Junior Member

Okay, it's a Goldwing Tow (truck?) Bike. Great for towing small cars and maybe trikes. Wonder what it costs?

4. jafhdo

jafhdo Member

Seems that people have been playing with this since about 2005. They are used quite a lot in major cities such as Tokyo, Hong Kong, and London where there are large numbers of small cars/vehicles and road conditions are 'tight'.

I'm not sure if posting a link to a different forum is appropriate here, so if not, I'll apologize in advance...

Japanese Tow Trucks - Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

5. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Getting the thing rolling is one thing. Stopping...now there's the problem!:D

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Ah, NO:newsmile100:

7. silvrbill

silvrbill Member

Looks like it has potential.
    Stealthy and quiet.
    I bet it takes less than 2-3 minutes from the time it gets there to the time it's gone...with your car............

8. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

Not such a good design for tight spaces, sticking out 18" past each wheel. :34: