free website stats program Now What Am I Going To Do ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Now What Am I Going To Do ?

WHM1

I have been bitten by the bug again ! It's almost 3 years and I love my 2007 Fatboy. When I purchased this bike thought I was good for many years to come. Custom paint job, Vance & Hines longshots, engine guard, running lights, saddle bags, windshield, highway pegs and things I can't remember unless I look at my file of receipts. On other posts I have stated my next bike would be the Street Glide and until this past Saturday that is what I really believed. It is to me a fact that once you have a Harley it seems natural to move up or down the food chain as you become to realize what you are looking for in a motorcycle. My local dealer has had the factory tour demo rides more than usual this year. About a month ago on one of these demo days I rode the Street Glide several time on a Saturday and thought it's a good bike and I liked everything about it. After buying a Fatboy and buying all the extra I needed the touring bikes are a much better deal. This past Saturday on another demo day I rode the Ultra Classic Electra Glide Screaming Eagle just to see what it was like. WOW.....this bike is so well balance and very easy to ride and takes curves better than any bike I have had a chance to ride. Ok.. now here is what I'm thinking. My wife rides her own bike and does not ride two up with me except maybe when on a trip she may ride to dinner on the back because we have been riding all day. I do not need the rear speakers and intercom. Now I'm thinking the Electra Glide Classic. I like the radio and CD player and the fact I can put the tour pak on a quick release solo rack and when riding around town have basically a Street Glide but have would have CD player that the Street Glide does not. The bikes are the same price and the Street Glide I would have to spend a $1000.00 to add the tour pak with the quick release. I admit that I have convince myself this is the way to go.... tell me what I might be mistaken because of the results of being bitten.When will the craziness stop? Somebody please help me !!!!

Go with the street glide. Smooth paint with no pin stripes. Rear fender skirt. Just looks a lot more sporty. You would have to spend way more on that EGC to make a street glide out of it. JMHO:newsmile107:

What if you could add the detachable tour pak for $585?

I just ordered mine from Jenni at Tri-County HD in OH. I got the leather one that comes with a backrest and also got a rack, plus a shifter peg shipped to my door for the price quoted.

I normally am not a fan of the leather looking TP, but I won't use it often, so I thought it was a good enough deal for me. I'll post pics once it's here and installed.

We have the leather tour pak on my wife's Deluxe with the quick release. Use it when we make our longer trips and it sure comes in handy. I usually buy all my parts and accessories through Chicago Harley because of the 20% discount and no sales tax. My thinking was the Electra Glide Classic comes with the hard tour pak color matched and also the CD player built in the sound system so it seems like I getting those two items free since the Street Glide and Electra Glide Classic is exactly the same price. All I would have to do is change the tour pak with a quick release and when I don't need it I basically have a Street Glide?

We have the leather tour pak on my wife's Deluxe with the quick release. Use it when we make our longer trips and it sure comes in handy. I usually buy all my parts and accessories through Chicago Harley because of the 20% discount and no sales tax. My thinking was the Electra Glide Classic comes with the hard tour pak color matched and also the CD player built in the sound system so it seems like I getting those two items free since the Street Glide and Electra Glide Classic is exactly the same price. All I would have to do is change the tour pak with a quick release and when I don't need it I basically have a Street Glide?

Why is it that the Street Glide your looking at doesn't have a CD player? It should.

Harley-Davidson USA | Motorcycles | 2009 Motorcycles

IMO.... I looked at both rode both... the EGC won out. I thought the ride was better, handled outstanding, liked the seat better and just fit me better is what it boiled down to.. plus it was more versitile (got the detachable pak on mine) love it!. Buddy of mine but a tour pack on his SG it's got a nasty wobble to it for some reason. Not to say they all are going to react the same but his sure does.

Hard decision .. .good luck! You doubt you would regret either.

OK I know you haven't mentioned it and I'm for sure to get some flak but I got to jump in here and say, if it's a radio you want, take the car. That's like taking a vacation to the city.:bigsmiley29: I see these folks with those big ole Electra's with stereos, CB, two way communications, blue tooth cell phones, GPS mapping, heated seats etc, etc. The one thing I like the most about riding is getting away from all that. Just me the bike maybe a map, the wind and the sound of my Harley. Go check out and ride the Road King Classic. Now thats a fine motorcycle. Hope I didn't offend anybody, just my 2c.

I test rode both at demo days and bought the electra glide classic. I thought i would make the tour pack detachable, but now that I have had it a while I like having it there all the time. It sure does make it convenient for carrying stuff (extra jacket, gloves, helmut, etc..). Plus I thought it rode smoother than the Road Glide or Street Glide IMHO.

I will be honest here I have a 2006 fatboy and i love it but its ment for crusing around town with your buds haveing a beer when you stop. I did not like how it would look with bags windsheild or anything. So thats why the street glide came to be for me it had the bags the faring and the styling that just does not quit. the sg is clean. the radio is just a added bonus i love riding this bike to work 45 one way. this trip killed me on my fatboy. my opp go with the sg.

Back