free website stats program Now that I have my Super Glide Custom . . . | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Now that I have my Super Glide Custom . . .

Thanks Jack, I was leaning towards just a stock filter replacement as opposed to performance velocity stacks/AC setup . . .at least initially. My understanding is that K&N also cleans the air better . . . in theory less wear on the engine? I wait on the rest to see how things shape up . . .

Thanks!

K&N probably has the filter element for you, so you don't actually need to get anything else but the filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion would be is to get in the wind, get used to and comfortable with the new steed. Change out the oils at 1,000 miles using a better grade specific oil for the 3 holes. Then think about upgrades.......:s:s
Enjoy....

I simply rode my 2011 FXDC, June to August. I did the recommended break in with regular oil, then switched to synthetic. I stayed close to the dealership during the break in period, just in case, but everything worked out.
I spoke with many Riders, and made the bike my own. I wanted to hear the engine and improve the perfomance. 3" V&H pipes, Screaming Eagle air intake modification and the tuning downlowd completed the Stage 1 upgrade. I love the sound of my Super Glide Custom now. I put 4" pull back risers on, plus a windsield. I got a real sharp seat, made in America from Mustang, and took all colours off because I want my bike to be black & white (chrome) only.
You have a stellar bike and one good looking piece of art. Right now it is a blank canvass, yours to paint. Have fun!!! Watch the prices. My headlamp was $400, but I wanted it so bad!!
Congrats on you new bike. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!!

I purchased and installed a K&N factory replacement air filter . . . I'll be buying the rear turn signal move kits and the front turn signal lowering kit in preparation for bags and a windscreen. Also, I'm starting to fancy a new combo speedo/tach . . .

Thanks- Mark!

That is one of the problems with these bikes we love they keep demanding to be changed in some way and the money keeps flowing

Brian

Mark - Your in a great place to ride! I lived in San Antonio about 20 years ago so I'm sure it's changed some since then but riding the Hill Country has got to be great. Enjoy your bike as it is, read this and other forums, keeping in mind that anyone can pose as an expert, then take your time, do the research and make the bike yours. Nothing is cheap and buying things twice is not fun. I envy you the riding season you have there, ours in Alaska is quite a bit shorter. Good luck!

Mark - Your in a great place to ride! I lived in San Antonio about 20 years ago so I'm sure it's changed some since then but riding the Hill Country has got to be great. Enjoy your bike as it is, read this and other forums, keeping in mind that anyone can pose as an expert, then take your time, do the research and make the bike yours. Nothing is cheap and buying things twice is not fun. I envy you the riding season you have there, ours in Alaska is quite a bit shorter. Good luck!

fog60,
Thanks! Yeah, I moved from my 'second home' in New Hampshire where the season is probably just a couple of months longer than in Alaska . . . back to Texas! I lived in Austin and Houston for years, and have visited ( of course ) San Antonio many times . . . Yeah the country out here is absolutely beautiful! I'd love to do some more riding in New Hampshire, the north country and Alaska for sure one day . . . take care and be careful!

mark

Back