free website stats program Nothing but problems with my 09 RKC | Harley Davidson Forums

Nothing but problems with my 09 RKC

renop17

I hate to even post this but my frustration has reached an all time high. I purchased a 2009 RKC with 3 miles on in March of this year and got a great deal. However since i purchased the bike i've had serious problems. First and not so serious the rear lights went out and the right turn signal would turn on the LEFT!! not a huge deal crossed wire and it was first. SECOND issue. Bike wouldnt start and I'm 600 miles from home. I was able to get it going drove out of the parking lot and no throttle response!! engine kept running but no throttle. I was lucky i didnt pull out in front of anyone. I had to get it towed to a dealer and 4 hours later i was on the road home. Well last night same issue happened again. The bike wont start, the spedo moves, my spedo light pulses, and the clock pulses and nothing happens when i push start. All the same issues that happened prior to the throttle not working. So the dealer has it now, but I'm wondering will the throttle stop responding again some day? Maybe when I'm in pulling on the highway??

And the last issues is the flat black paint on the HD badge on the tank is flacking off. So did I get a lemon, what are my options. Thanks guys

I hate to even post this but my frustration has reached an all time high. I purchased a 2009 RKC with 3 miles on in March of this year and got a great deal. However since i purchased the bike i've had serious problems. First and not so serious the rear lights went out and the right turn signal would turn on the LEFT!! not a huge deal crossed wire and it was first. SECOND issue. Bike wouldnt start and I'm 600 miles from home. I was able to get it going drove out of the parking lot and no throttle response!! engine kept running but no throttle. I was lucky i didnt pull out in front of anyone. I had to get it towed to a dealer and 4 hours later i was on the road home. Well last night same issue happened again. The bike wont start, the spedo moves, my spedo light pulses, and the clock pulses and nothing happens when i push start. All the same issues that happened prior to the throttle not working. So the dealer has it now, but I'm wondering will the throttle stop responding again some day? Maybe when I'm in pulling on the highway??

And the last issues is the flat black paint on the HD badge on the tank is flacking off. So did I get a lemon, what are my options. Thanks guys

1st ? ---- How did the wire get crossed?
2nd? ---- what did the dealer repair / replace to get you back on the road?
3rd? ---- Is the scoot under warranty? ( should be!? )

1st ? ---- How did the wire get crossed?
2nd? ---- what did the dealer repair / replace to get you back on the road?
3rd? ---- Is the scoot under warranty? ( should be!? )
1. I never got an answer on to how the wires got crossed.
2. The dealer told me there were several error codes when they pluged it in. I dont recall what they told me the issue really was.
3. It is under warranty.

There is Nothing worse than having a problem repaired and shortly thereafter the same problem re-appears. But as a tech, I can tell you even if you understand the sub-system or problem and try your best at getting it fixed the 1st time, some will get away from you. These bikes are fairly complex in nature. I know it is hard, but clear your head and let them have another shot at it. It is VERY important to speak directly with the service tech who is doing the work. Telling the service writer who in turn tells the tech is the kiss of death.

Tell him all the details. What you did, how the bike responded, what conditions the bike was under at the time. Don't exaggerate and give all the details in the way and order it happened.
A good tech will mentally step through the things it CAN'T be and then narrow it down to the things it CAN be.

Nothing more aggravating than a new bike giving you problems!

I hope everything gets taken care of to your satisfaction so you can ride with a renewed confidence in your bike :)

1. I never got an answer on to how the wires got crossed.
2. The dealer told me there were several error codes when they pluged it in. I dont recall what they told me the issue really was.
3. It is under warranty.

Did the HD shop ( 600 miles from home ) give you a service report on what they did?

Tell him all the details. What you did, how the bike responded, what conditions the bike was under at the time. Don't exaggerate and give all the details in the way and order it happened.
A good tech will mentally step through the things it CAN'T be and then narrow it down to the things it CAN be.

Good points Hoop,, I would add.... make sure All things that HD finds and repairs done are printed out on your service record slip (your copy).... That way You know and can see it in your hand.

You might want to check your states "Lemon Law", Just to see where you stand... Hopefully all is fixed.

signed....BUBBIE

Nothing more aggravating than a new bike giving you problems!

I can think of one. Fixing the same problem more than once in a short period of time.
Different problems I can "almost" handle. But the same problem over and over I have no patience for. I go into orbit.

It's crazy but I have No patience for other techs (and I am one)..
When they don't look and study a problem before they shotgun the fix.. it makes me nuts. They have training CD's,, manuals,, Hot lines to the factory,, etc etc and they won't pick up a book.

R. Lewis, I did not get a report but as soon as finish writing this post i am going to call them and request it. The ONLY good thing about this is the dealer who has the bike now gave me an Ultra to ride around on while they fix it. Its the same dealer I bought the bike from.

Back