free website stats program Notes on HB and TFI (Gen 3) install 2010 RG | Harley Davidson Forums

Notes on HB and TFI (Gen 3) install 2010 RG

MrFah

Yesterday I installed on my 2010 Road Glide a SE Heavy Breather and Dobreck Gen 3 TFI. On my bike there was no concern of breaking a plastic fuel line connector under the fuel tank because it's non existent. I just released the quick connect under the left side of the tank quite easily and removed the front and rear bolts and lifted the tank with ease. I propped the tank front and rear with a towel. Harley also provides a nice area to route the wiring of the TFI under the tank. Even with the tank propped up there's not a whole lot of room to unplug the injector wires but I did manage to get the job done and a friend helped me so an extra pair of hands was very welcome. The Heavy Breather is really nice looking on the bike. If you have a 2010 DO remember to use the optional cover because it hides the plug and wires hanging on the left side of the carb. I had to disassemble an reassemble again because I didn't realize I needed the cover. ThunderHeader did not come through for me as promised and I've waited over 2 weeks for my slip-on exhaust so as of today I haven't received it so my stage 1 is only 2/3 complete. The bike runs much better even with the terrible stock exhaust still in place (just rode the bike down the street and back after installing the high flow HB and TFI). Again I'm only installing a ThunderHeader slip-0n onto the stock header so I'm sure the catalytic converter will adversely affect the potential performance of the stage 1 but how much I won't know until it's on. These first 2 parts of 3 part install took me a half a day believe it or not so for those of you who are doing this for your first time allow yourself extra time. At least I needed it. I'll let you all know how the bike runs after I install the ThunderHeader and I hope that's very soon.

Did you stay with the pre programmed settings on the gen3 till you get your exhaust installed?. I am at the same 2/3 stage 1 as you.

So far I have not changed the settings on the Gen 3. The tech there did suggest leaving the Green alone, Yellow down 1-2 lights and Red down 1-2 lights if I'd like to reset it for the stock exhaust. I'll wait to ride again until after I install the ThunderHeader since it may come in this morning (I hope!!!!!!!) What about you what are you going with for exhaust?

They suggested I leave the pre programmed settings till I installed the exhaust and then change the settings to what they show on the instruction sheet #1640.ST for a stage 1. You can get that sheet off the web site

Thanks, I thought the preprogramed setting was how I should run the bike. What's the difference between it and #1640.ST?

I don't think there is any difference. I did not receive any sheet with the settings so when I called them I was told to look at the 1640ST.

Back