free website stats program Note to self... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Note to self...

It will clean off do not get to aggressive with it not scraping.
Ask me how I know this

I wouldn't dare try scraping it. How did you clean it?

I did the same. Used Fast Orange hand cleaner (after trying all sorts of stuff)
and stain came right off. Good luck with that eh!!

Take care and ride safe eh!!:D

I may try that. Can you get it at auto parts stores? I have a NAPA near me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a search at the top of this page for cleaning pipes and you will get some real good suguestions

Nothing but old T shirts for me.:D

I am with Glider on this...old white cotton T shirts...they are the best! :s

We all know white always seems attract something that turns it into a rag in short order...:swoon

Makes one wonder why black HD T-shirts never seem to end up in the rag bag :laugh

BTW microfiber cloths on hot exhaust pipes should go on the things not to use on your bike, as well as logo t-shirts (the plastic silkscreening may also stick or liquify) when applied with hot pipe or with solvents or chemicals.:(

Using the microfiber towel to clean the bike I noticed several spots on the exhaust pipes mainly close to cylinders.It was so difficult to clean the spots using some chems I had available at that time,then I used an old method start the bike for a while just to warm up shut down and then with a dump cloth (old T-shirt) start scrimbing on spots.
The pipes cleaned and was looking as it was before.

micro fiber is ok, but only on a cold bike, then take off you tee shirt, the wife will not beat you up as much as you will beat yourself up

ummm...I never clean my bike when it's been running and the engine/pipes are hot. But it seems that some do. Just curious as why not wait till it's cool to wipe it down?

Back