free website stats program Not the Dodge Ram forum??!? | Harley Davidson Forums

Not the Dodge Ram forum??!?

bcortani

Hey, just wondering how many of you HD afficianados have Ram trucks? I have an 03 2500HD 4x4 with Cummins High Output. I am getting ready to do my 50k and want to go to syn in my pumkins. What type and how much in each...I do not have the sevice manual yet for this rig...looked on some Ram forums but no one answers :33: and they are not nearly as informative as we are here. :cheers. thanks. lol

I've got a 2010 RAM Hemi. I have absolutly no idea what syn in my pumkins means.

the differentials, used to part of a 4x4 club years ago and thats what the wrenchers called them...sorry. And I want to go to synthetic.

After losing my dream car, the 1970 Dodge Charger SE 500 to a divorce, I waited a few years to acquire my first Dodge Ram. It was a 1974 Green over white pickup with the 440 cu.in engine. The gas crunch of the 70's made that impracticable. Next was my 1978 Dodge 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive 360 cu.in. Kept her working hauling wood until 1992. Went for a new D150. Stayed with that one until 1998 when I got the new Durango. I'm trading her in tomorrow after 13 years and 175,000 miles. The body is just rusting out from underneath the paint but overall it was the best vehicle I've ever owned ( outside the Harleys). I'm picking up my new Jeep Grand Cherokee tomorrow. I guess I'm a mopar man for sure.

I have a Chrysler T&C van - does this count...? :p

Both neighbors across street have 4x4 Ram's - sweet rides. If I could get one to fit in my single-stall garage - I'd have one.

I've got an '02 Ram 1500 4x4 with 125K miles. I went with the Mopar lube w/limited slip additive. When I did that, there wasn't much of anything else that met the reuirements. So far, I've had good luck with it. I had a 5K lb boat that I towed 8 hrs to the coast, and both diffs got exposed to salt water and beach sand on a regular basis. Have yet to suffer any problems from the "pumkins".

The tranny, unfortunately is a different, expensive, story....

We've got two Harley's in this family and two Dodge P/U's with Cummins engines. A '98 Sportster, an '04 Ultra with a 2500 and 3500 Dually truck. The light duty stuff belongs to my son !!

03 Ram w/ cummins and only 50K? I've got 110K on my 06 Ram 2500 QC w/Cummins and thought My milage was a little lower than average.. I think 03 went from the 10.5 pumkin to the 11" mid year. Might change your capacities depending on what one you have. The Amsoil link mentioned above is a pretty good resource, and Amsoil severe gear is a good fluid.

Back