free website stats program not sure | Harley Davidson Forums

not sure

HOLY DIVER

if its working or not i installed it can't realy tell any defference is there a light that is on if its working...is there a light that comes on if its not working?

What other mods have you done to the bike and which TFI do you have?

i just ordered a tfi $250 for an 06 touring mode have no idea witch model it is,l i ordered it 2 months ago from dobeck i have BuB slip on's new stock aircleaner i sett the #1 pot per instuctions 2nd pot i sett per this forums recomendations (recomended setting and back off the pott a touch) i went out a fired the bike up and watched the lights above the potts ...at idle the far left pott is green when i give it gas pretty fast the 2nd pott lights up orange if i roll on the gas slow the the 2nd pott light does not come on it only comes on if i give the gas pretty fast

i installed it can't realy tell any defference

You can't tell any difference in comparison to what?
1) A Bone stock bike with just the TFI.
2) A Stage 1 with without a dealership download and you added a TFI.
3) A Stage 1 with a dealership download and your stacking a TFI on top of it.

Tell us a little more about the bike...

You can't tell any difference in comparison to what?
1) A Bone stock bike with just the TFI.
2) A Stage 1 with without a dealership download and you added a TFI.
3) A Stage 1 with a dealership download and your stacking a TFI on top of it.

Tell us a little more about the bike...

bike is stock other than bub slip on's no download big sucker will be installed in a few weeks.....only reason i'm real concerned is i'll be doing my hydraulic cam tensioner upgrade soon and i will be using 203 SE or andrews 21N grind cams want to be %100 sure the tfi is working correctly before i install these cams

Your description of the light functionality is consistent with a properly working TFI unit. And also it sounds like you were able to properly tune in the 1st pot by holding the RPM up and listening to the engine hum. This indicates that fuel is being adjusted correctly so you should be good to go.

Your description of the light functionality is consistent with a properly working TFI unit. And also it sounds like you were able to properly tune in the 1st pot by holding the RPM up and listening to the engine hum. This indicates that fuel is being adjusted correctly so you should be good to go.

thank you very much that's what i wanted to hear

Back