free website stats program Not sure if real stage 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Not sure if real stage 11

dcollie3

First I appologise for all the questions but it's better to ask and be fool once than not ask and be a fool always.
When I bought the bike I was told there was a stage 11 installed. In truth I didn't know what that meant so I looked it up and I'm sure what I have is a stage 1. Stage 11 have the Cams replaced etc. I have the original invoice from the previoius owner and here is what was installed. Some of it is cut off so I'm sure what the part is;
Clamp
Adj, Push rod Kit (CH
Gasket, Crankcase CO
Thrust washer
EFI Stage 11 Perform
Test 2nd Dynomometer
Test 3rd Dynomometer
Oil Filter, Chrome
Muffler Kit
Slash Cut Touring Mufflers
From the forum experience can some of you comment? What I'm getting at is I want to install the TFI and I want to make sure what I have so I can set it up correctly.
thanks

With the adjustable push rods and a few other parts, it's possible you have cams installed or they (pushrods) wouldn't have been used.
With the dyno listed, it's also a possibility that you have a tuner on board or a SERT that doesn't leave any additional equipment on the bike but instead reprograms the ECM with a different map. If there were no tuner, there wouldn't be a need to do a dyno run.

With the adjustable push rods and a few other parts, it's possible you have cams installed or they (pushrods) wouldn't have been used.
With the dyno listed, it's also a possibility that you have a tuner on board or a SERT that doesn't leave any additional equipment on the bike but instead reprograms the ECM with a different map. If there were no tuner, there wouldn't be a need to do a dyno run.

Thanks Glider, how do I tell if there is a tuner? I have the seat off and I didn't have anything else connected to the FI plugs. By chance do you know what a SERT look like?

I hope I haven't made a mistake bacasue I already added the TFI....

thanks

I would not install anything until I verified what I had.
The SERT isn't something you can look at, it is used to reprogram the ECM and is removed.
You may need to visit a dealer, have them hook up the HD Digital Technician and they will be able to see just exactly what has been done to the ECM.
If it was remapped, or changed in any way, the digital tech program will show that information.
They may charge you for this but, IMO it will be money well spent to know how the ECM is configured.

Last edited:
Back