free website stats program Not so forward on controls | Harley Davidson Forums

Not so forward on controls

zoood

Product Contributor
I know there's floor board extensions for a wider stance and to extend the controls forward more. But anyone know of a product that brings the floor boards and controls back more for people that are inseam challenged?

I know there's floor board extensions for a wider stance and to extend the controls forward more. But anyone know of a product that brings the floor boards and controls back more for people that are inseam challenged?

A different seat may help.

I saw a set of floorboards that the attachment points were 1 1/4" offset. I'm almost sure they were made by HD. I will look thru my mags. and see if I can find the article.

I saw a set of floorboards that the attachment points were 1 1/4" offset. I'm almost sure they were made by HD. I will look thru my mags. and see if I can find the article.

I believe that's what I have on my trike already. They put the floor boards outwards. Giving you a wider stance. This rider needs the controls brought backwards. Like where a sportster's foot controls would be mounted.

I believe that's what I have on my trike already. They put the floor boards outwards. Giving you a wider stance. This rider needs the controls brought backwards. Like where a sportster's foot controls would be mounted.

The ones I saw did not move the floorboard outward, they were being installed on a RK with the offset moving the floorboard forward for a tall rider. If the floorboards were switched L to R it would move them back 1 1/4".

The ones I saw did not move the floorboard outward, they were being installed on a RK with the offset moving the floorboard forward for a tall rider. If the floorboards were switched L to R it would move them back 1 1/4".

Thats a great idea, but it would also keep the shifter and break pedal forward, and maybe out of quick reach

The article was in March '09 Baggers and the floorboards are HD. They are part #50409 04. Hope this helps.

Shifters
If you heal and toe, put a short throw on the front and an extended on the rear. Toe only, short throw on the front.
J&P has many to pick from.
Not sure about the brake lever.

Personally I would fabricate the parts by starting with the factory ends and welding in a new locater piece. This way you can custom fit them exactly where they need to be. Chroming the parts would not be too expensive. If you did go this rout I have one tip. Ask the plater how they receive the parts. Most places like to prep the parts (grind welds etc..) to insure the finished plating is quality.

I extended my boards out 3/4" and I bent out the brake lever (in a vice)bending the pad section back streight. This did shorten it relative to the board, but not much.

Back