free website stats program Not Happy with Rinehart TD's | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Not Happy with Rinehart TD's

Put your stock pipes back on, buy some slip on pipes that meet your needs, and sell the TD pipes. Problem solved. Lots of options, I have Jack Pot pipes (slip on's) and have no desire at all to get TD. You could sell the Rineharts easily.

SCUBADOG,
I agree with 09ultra, replace the stock pipes and go with V & H Monster Ovals or Fuelmoto Jack Pot mufflers. We've all been down the same road your traveling on, so don't be to hard on your self. It's going to cost you a little cash, but you'll be able to sell the Rhineharts without a problem.

I finally nailed my sound-(well I did mod out the space behind the baffles). SuperTrapps-Kerker-(not the SE type)-with the 2" Mikuni Performance Baffles,..Billet slash cut end caps facing up(matches the slant of the hard bags)...Priceless!!!

MDBikr & 09Ultra, Your suggestion is well taken. I even still have the original exhaust all packed up and in prime condition, so I could save some bucks by going stock pipes and new slip-on's. My dilema is that I am ABSOLUTELY sold on the TD's. The heat problem is GONE,GONE,GONE due to the elimination of the "crossover thigh cooker" and I really love the cleaned up look on the right side. My goal is to end up with a TD system and the sound I like. I just jumped too soon and it'll cost me a little extra. That's the way it goes. Like you said, I'll be able to sell the Rineharts. I'm just going to take my time and make sure that I don't fool myself twice. I was actually shocked to find that the Rinehart TD headpipes won't work with any other mufflers. Should have done my homework. Right now I'm leaning towards V & H system with Monster Ovals but need to see'm and hear'm. The great thing is that I'm in no hurry and I can definitely live with the Rineharts till I find exactly what I want. I also want to make it perfectly clear that I'm not diss'n the Rineharts. At idle and no-load cruise, they are perfect. Just a little too loud and raspy when I "get on it" or in a steady climb. Maybe I'm just picky but I love my bike, spend a lot of time on it, and want to have it just the way I want it.

1600 miles on a new SG, 600 with Rush Baloney Cut slip-ons, they sound as good as the bike looks and runs, and it's awesome. I'm becoming emotionally attached. Friend stopped by with a Road King with Reinhardts on it... I SO like mine better, same low rumble, a bit more bark, nothing that's gonna get me a ticket if I behave when I'm riding past the 5-0.
Just my two cents, again.

The True Dual have a stepped header design and end with a larger diameter pipe then the stock setup. The true dual mufflers only work with the true dual head pipes.

Uh-Oh... I was kind of thinking of buying a set of V&H Slip-on's for now then once my "T" cracks at the rear cylinder go to V&H true duel Headers.

Go to BUB`s or reinhart`s website they offer different baffles I don`t know how quiet, Mine are just slightly too loud.But I take it easy most of the time ,so itz loud when I want them to be .

I put the V&H Monster Ovals on my '09 RK this weekend. I love the low rumble at low RPMs and they are sweet when you crank it on. Definitely loud enough, but not too loud. Nice to be able to hear that my engine is running!

Back