not CA legal?

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by reb3times, Nov 13, 2011.

1. reb3times

reb3times Member

So im looking at doing pipes and a high flow air kit on my heritage. I see that the air kit I want isnt legal in CA. Does that mean I cant even drive there without risking fines, or just cant register it there?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Motorcycle Aftermarket Parts This may help if not NEWHD or other California members may chime in

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I believe these rules are if you title the bike in these states...they can't "fence" bikers off w/non-approved after-market parts. Only caution would be to keep the "vroom vroom" down when cruising through these states.

4. burnout1550

burnout1550 Member

The only one that enforces these issues is the CHP. Normally they don't even bother with these issues unless your pipes are obnoxiously loud. If the state implements smog checks on bikes then you will have to reinstall the stock parts for the state inspection.

5. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

Be careful when you ride to Cali they are at the state line waiting for you, then they confiscate you bike if you do not comply........Ok not really.... if you do not live here I would not worry....I have illegal stuff on mine and never had a problem.