free website stats program Not 100% American? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Not 100% American?

Im Sorry,,, anyway you look at it,, its still a sad story, at least most of us are all old enough to know what AMERICAN MADE was,, the coming gererations will not, its seems where most of us worked hard to get where we are ,, the young what and expect everything to be handed to them, didnt mean to get off subject, but its how I feel.

The AMF days were bad, We got thru that, now all we have left is to help keep an American Icon alive and save as many jobs by supporting The MOCO, by doing this hopefully the MOCO will see how much there machines mean to all and do what they can to produce a quality product that is affordable fun and built by Americans, JMO Capital Jack

Many countries won't allow the US or anyone else to import goods into their country unless they put some of the production into that country. The chinese are famous for holding their huge market out as a carrot to bring plants into their backyards. And unlike here, when a company there says we want to build a factory, they don't have protesters on TV saying It will make traffic bad, it will pollute the air, whaaaa whaaa. Half of my high school class went into skilled trades (millwrights, pipefitters, etc); not ONE kid from my 3 sons' classes went into them. We aren't an industrial country like we used to be.

Last spring i bought a Detachable back rest and rack. All Five box`s had a H-D label with part number and all the other info. But right above the upc bar it said Made in Taiwan. Not one thing about USA or anything.

It is a very sad, yet very true situation that the "Global Economy" has us in. Chrysler decided to move their facilities to mexico and canada, I had 15 yrs of my life invested and had to start all over. The "Made in America" tags are turning into "Made in Indonesia assembled in the U.S.A". It is becoming harder to be an supporter of the American made products and families with companies sending all the work overseas, and with these kind of manufacturing jobs gone, its harder for working families to afford the things they need. The employees building the minivans in mexico, are not even paid enough to purchase what they are building, and with all money corporations are saving building their items overseas, how come we don't see any of the savings on product prices when they hit the market back in the states!?! Sorry for rambling guys.

We are not seeing any savings becuase we are being TAXed to death, Health Care is taking the other half. WE have to down size the
Gov. Or get the wage down so we can affored them.

Over the years most of us was able to work extra jobs or put in over time if we needed to buy somthing that we whated, Now days you have to fine differant ways to make extra money. witch most of us used our hands, now you have to use your head. we just need to fine a new way to make money.
I have been looking at getting a NEW CVO UCEG, but if you think about for a week. It's gone so there is still alot of money out in the market,

Harley has been using Showa front forks for years...This whole "American Iron"
image Harley has is a joke...I did pick up some saddle bag latch springs and the package actualy said "made in America"...three words you don't see much anymore...:(

Harley has been using Showa front forks for years...This whole "American Iron"
image Harley has is a joke...I did pick up some saddle bag latch springs and the package actualy said "made in America"...three words you don't see much anymore...:(

So, where can I get a brake down of what parts are made in America and which are made elsewhere?

Back