free website stats program non starter | Harley Davidson Forums

non starter

kennyw

1st happy new year to you all,had battery problems on my 2005 1200 custom,harley world gave me a new battery put it on trickle charge ,finally put it on to bike ,bike tuns over but will not start,battery was off bike for around 2 weeks due to flu & -9 degrees,had to put back on charger before i compleatly flatten it,looked in manual it says about alarm need to be reset every time you put battery back on?? any advice will be welcome still -4/5 but suns out and i need to ride
ken

hi glider have to give it a go,managed to get into garage (it was -9 last night) carb was iced up so thats not helping,warmed up a bit -5 so will give it a go thanx

At those temps, it's very difficult for the fuel to atomize. Also low voltage in the battery could cause a no start condition due to insufficient voltage to activate the ECM and send out a spark.

1st happy new year to you all,had battery problems on my 2005 1200 custom,harley world gave me a new battery put it on trickle charge ,finally put it on to bike ,bike tuns over but will not start,battery was off bike for around 2 weeks due to flu & -9 degrees,had to put back on charger before i compleatly flatten it,looked in manual it says about alarm need to be reset every time you put battery back on?? any advice will be welcome still -4/5 but suns out and i need to ride
ken

NEW battery on a TRICKLE charger -- for how long before you tried to start your scoot?? Have you put it on a standard battery charger ? With the temps your experiencing , have you put the battery in a warmer area and tried charging? Is it a gel style, is it a sealed or did you/they put the liquid in it? What's the C.C.A. rating on the battery?? Has it been tested after you charged it??? A weak battery will cause you fits.

NEW battery on a TRICKLE charger -- for how long before you tried to start your scoot?? Have you put it on a standard battery charger ? With the temps your experiencing , have you put the battery in a warmer area and tried charging? Is it a gel style, is it a sealed or did you/they put the liquid in it? What's the C.C.A. rating on the battery?? Has it been tested after you charged it??? A weak battery will cause you fits.
it's a new sealed battery charged off the bike in a warm house with a optimate 4 charger.good news is put batt back on reset alarm and......it roared into life!!! a few coughs & splutters but i let it warm up got my gear on & went out for a 40mile spin,got the cobweds out of bike & me !! after a few mile it was running how it should,thanx for all your help
ken

Back