free website stats program non run issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

non run issue

yes i checked all the connections
and when I replaced the line i used some good german porsche line
I just got a call from the dealer now telling me that the price of the pump is 250.00 and not 162.00 as I was told--part # was 62897-01
and now the new #62897-01B
anyone know about this ?

I thought 'enhancements' were more expensive than that!

$ 88 more to add the B to the part number!!!!

thanks
I am tossed between waiting for it and getting it now--no one answers their phone---where are they?
it would save me 100. with tax but cost 20 in shipping and the shipping time---and it is xmas---
is this really an UPGRADED PUMP ?? or just a reason for a price increase----

thanks
I am tossed between waiting for it and getting it now--no one answers their phone---where are they?
it would save me 100. with tax but cost 20 in shipping and the shipping time---and it is xmas---

Only Zanotti's can answer that. I would wait on them to order it for the price difference unless you are in a hurry.
Generally any time a part is upgraded to a newer or better one , the letter suffix is changed. A to B to C etc.
If you order it, just make sure to ask it it is the "B" suffix.

thanks

Latus Harley out of the Portland Oregon area has the "B" part number in stock for $250, and has the non "b" part number listed as out of stock for $162. Free shipping on orders over $149

Latus Motors Harley-Davidson | Search by Product Part Number
you can put the part # in on this page

Only Zanotti's can answer that. I would wait on them to order it for the price difference unless you are in a hurry.
Generally any time a part is upgraded to a newer or better one , the letter suffix is changed. A to B to C etc.
If you order it, just make sure to ask it it is the "B" suffix.

Yep, "alpha" (letter) usually mean minor/vendor changes..."revision" (number) usually means something major that may affect form, fit or function -- notes from "--typical manufacturer's QA/QC playbook..." Patience is a good thing when talking about repairs...:newsmile020:

Last edited:
ok so I bought the pump and replaced it---
and it wasnt it
I have NO current at the plug so I traced it back to the fuse block and have no current there either---on / off switch works. because it will turn over---is there something i am missing??? tomorrow I plan to remove the fuse block but it appears that the wires are intact---all other fuses have 12 volts and i have 6 volts at the plug on the sender wire , but no voltage on the red wire and like i said no power at the fuse in the fuse block------I am really good at rand r of the pump though---LOL thanks to my lady friend who helped and got covered in fuel and never complained----
any ideas would greatly be appreciated----:bigsmiley29:

and it wasnt it
I have NO current at the plug so I traced it back to the fuse block and have no current there either---on / off switch works. because it will turn over---is there something i am missing??? tomorrow I plan to remove the fuse block but it appears that the wires are intact---all other fuses have 12 volts and i have 6 volts at the plug on the sender wire , but no voltage on the red wire and like i said no power at the fuse in the fuse block------I am really good at rand r of the pump though---LOL thanks to my lady friend who helped and got covered in fuel and never complained----

Do you have a electrical schematic? May have to do a little continuity check as well as inspect wiring harness internal & external connections for pinched/damage. Yeah, it is a little complicated, but tracing back beyond the fuse block connections may mean looking at the bundle for bent/cut/chafed insulation or open relay contact. :small3d023:

and it wasnt it

Not trying to be smart here but check both sides of the fuse with a meter or light. I've seen fuses that looked good and weren't.

Back