free website stats program Non-Interstate Route From Atlanta to Daytona | Harley Davidson Forums

Non-Interstate Route From Atlanta to Daytona

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm already starting to daydream about Biketoberfest. Anyone have any really nice routes between Atlanta and Daytona that don't involve much interstate droning? Already cut through central GA (Waycross area) down and back last year. Rode west of I75 through Tifton towards Talahassee in April. Is it worth it to get over towards the Atlantic coast and take A1A all the way in or is it too slow with too much traffic?

Thanks!

I'm from Melbourne, S. of Daytona, now living in Warner Robins (near Macon). And have made many trips back and forth. You have to find your own way to W.R., I seldom go to Atl., but US23 isn't bad.
A couple routes south from here that I like are:
* US129 to Jasper Fl., then FL100 to Palm Coast just N. of Daytona.
* US441 to Lake City Fl., then FL100 " " "
* US 441 to McRae, then US 341 towards coast
Once you get in FL., US1 or A1A are ok roads.
There are lots of other secondary roads in GA going south, I just haven't gotten to them yet. I must admit, besides I75, I haven't ridden on a poor road in GA.

FYI you can do a trip like that on Google maps. When your in the get directions part,click on options and you can avoid the interstate system with an option there. You can also alter the trip with drop and drag from one place on the route to another if you have someplace you want to visit that it bypasses.
:D

FYI you can do a trip like that on Google maps. When your in the get directions part,click on options and you can avoid the interstate system with an option there. You can also alter the trip with drop and drag from one place on the route to another if you have someplace you want to visit that it bypasses.
:D

Thanks for the tip. Mapquest has the same features but I always forget to play with Google.

I used to live in FL for over 35 years. I think the road number that runs almost parallel to 75 is 41. Take it to lake city, fl and then take hwy 100 through Palatka over to 95 about 25 miles north of Daytona. It's a pretty nice run.

I used to live in FL for over 35 years. I think the road number that runs almost parallel to 75 is 41. Take it to lake city, fl and then take hwy 100 through Palatka over to 95 about 25 miles north of Daytona. It's a pretty nice run.

That's the route we took home last year. Looking for something different but this is a nice fall back if we have to ride it again.

You could also take 441 to central Fl, Ocala, and then take rt 40 through the national forest to Daytona. Lots of options. Have fun.

I live near Lake City Florida, and have made two round trips to Helen GA via 441 in the last year. GA has done a great job improving 441 and I highly recommend it.

Once you get to Lake City, take 100 to Starke, Keystone Heights, Palatka, and Bunnell. From there it's just a few miles to Flagler Beach to the east, or Destination Daytona to the South. No big cities, little traffic, great scenery, lots of food and gas and you can run 55 to 70 MPH most of the way and be left alone.

Enjoy

Back