free website stats program Non-ethanol Premium | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Non-ethanol Premium

you need gas NOW - what do you do - buy the ethanol gas? what say you?

curious minds want to know.

You buy ethanol fuel. What else can you do?

The question that was posted by the OP was "I was wondering if anybody has had a chance to try non-ethanol and if they noticed any difference".

As far as comparison goes,,, If a person can't feel the difference between non-ethanol and ethanol fuel, they have no sense of feel for performance. For me it is the difference between night and day in just so many way.

But remember that just removing the ethanol is Not the key. If the ethanol is removed, it must be replaced with Methyl tert-butyl ether. Removing the ethanol is easy to do but just removing the ethanol will still leave you with low octane garbage fuel.

Where I live there are a couple of non ethanol stations but they don't sell 93 or even 91 octane. Yes it is ethanol free, but it's also low octane so it almost defeats the whole purpose buying it.

I think you would be hard pressed to find the "yesteryear" ethanol free 93 octane fuel.

The ethanol in the fuel creates a corrosive agent and if nothing else the non ethanol fuel would be a better choice IMO. You should see a bit more power and MPG with the non ethanol fuel.

Is it a good idea to use non ethanol then? Where can we buy it in the Northeast? Any brands that you can recommend like Shell or Aamoco or similar? Do you use it in your bike?

It's difficult to find a station that has non ethanol fuel in the north east. I like to stick to the major brands in a busy station as opposed to a smaller station where the fuel may sit a while. I only run 93 octane in everything I own.

Sunoco, Shell, Mobile are all good brands.

You buy ethanol fuel. What else can you do?

The question that was posted by the OP was "I was wondering if anybody has had a chance to try non-ethanol and if they noticed any difference".

As far as comparison goes,,, If a person can't feel the difference between non-ethanol and ethanol fuel, they have no sense of feel for performance. For me it is the difference between night and day in just so many way.

But remember that just removing the ethanol is Not the key. If the ethanol is removed, it must be replaced with Methyl tert-butyl ether. Removing the ethanol is easy to do but just removing the ethanol will still leave you with low octane garbage fuel.

Where I live there are a couple of non ethanol stations but they don't sell 93 or even 91 octane. Yes it is ethanol free, but it's also low octane so it almost defeats the whole purpose buying it.

I think you would be hard pressed to find the "yesteryear" ethanol free 93 octane fuel.

+1 Hoople.
I am 39 and I never thought I would call EtOH free fuel an "I remember when..." item.

I never thought I would call EtOH free fuel an "I remember when..." item.

Mark my words. In a few years having multi grade fuels (87,89,91,93) will all be phased out. Ethanol will go from 10% to 15% and the octane will be 87 only. Car manufactures will be making only engines that work with 15% 87 octane fuels. Once we all get adjusted to the performance loss and costs of 10%, ethanol, it will be hiked to 15%.

If you have an old car or boat, you will be out of luck. The handwriting is on the wall. We are all in a "grace period of conversion" if you ask me..

Mark my words. In a few years having multi grade fuels (87,89,91,93) will all be phased out. Ethanol will go from 10% to 15% and the octane will be 87 only. Car manufactures will be making only engines that work with 15% 87 octane fuels. Once we all get adjusted to the performance loss and costs of 10%, ethanol, it will be hiked to 15%.

If you have an old car or boat, you will be out of luck. The handwriting is on the wall. We are all in a "grace period of conversion" if you ask me..

Hoople, that kinda was my point. when you need gas, you buy ethanol gasoline cause that's all there is in 90% of the cases. we know its bad for the bikes, but we must use it anyhow.

Bill

Hoople, that kinda was my point. when you need gas, you buy ethanol gasoline cause that's all there is in 90% of the cases.

Yep, we are over a barrel. It's not too bad if you use the fuel up and always get fresh on a regular basis.. It devices like lawn equipment where a tank of fuel can last a while. Who's going to drain it every time your finished using it..

Politicians should have to cut their own lawns instead of having a Greens-Keeper!. :)

Hooper , Maybe not. Congress was NOT going to extend ethanol credits to gas companies, but last minute pressure by corn lobbiests, "I.E. MONEY", got subsidies extended 1 year. Seems people and Congress are starting to see the waste of corn ethanol. They say ethanol subsidies won't be extended next Jan. Hope not, it is a scam on the American people.
wilks3

Back