free website stats program Non Drinker? Why.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Non Drinker? Why..

I might as well put in my 2 cents clean and sober 25 yrs I guess i got tired of the hangovers and no money in my pocket.I have been very lucky no accidents or tickets but i sure deserved some been riding 52 years and hope i got a few left in me.I know it is the greatest feeling in the world to be on your bike and ride into the rising sun in the morning and that is my church.

olbill

Seems I'm the new boy only 11 years ...hung up smokes drinks and drugs on the same night. Seemed like I was sick for 2 years. Looks corny in this forum but Jesus was with me every day. I used to think I had to drink to ride but I agree with olbill it is like going to church riding in the morning. BUT I did have to break some relationships....just the way it was.

Lady in my life had a problem with it and went through treatment. I thought my life would be better with her in it so I stopped 19 years ago with her.

I can't say that I'm a non drinker, but like many, I did the young and dumb things long ago. Too many mornings/afternoons (depending when I came out of the coma) of feeling horrible after a hard night, too many mornings looking out my front window to see if my car was out there because I couldn't remember how I got home, too many flashbacks of swerving to miss parked cars, hitting a thouroughbred race horse at 60mph in a car, thankfully not on a bike, (the horse was IN THE ROAD) may well have been enough to wake me up finally.

I may have a 6 pack a year now, and that may even be a stretch. I just don't have the desire to drink anymore. Kudos to all whom have given it up.

I haven't had any alcohol [not including cold meds=NyQuil] in about 4 years. I would stop for awhile then start again. After each night of drinking I would say to myself I need to stop doing this. I didn't know when to say when.It is unhealthy and costly. Well I finally submitted to the Lord and He has kept me away from it. There were so many time where I was doing stupid things and didn't get caught. So praise God that I didn't get caught and I don't have the taste for it anymore.

With some people like me, my body cannot metabolize alcohol. I only get rid of alcohol by exhalation. Same thing applies to most Orientals (I’m part Chinese) and American Indians. They just get drunker and drunker and sobering up takes forever. For that reason, I don’t drink…that and a two day hangover when I was in the Military. I never wanted to do that again. Strange thing though, my Portuguese dad could drink like a fish, and not even show it?

Just decided one day - not worth the danger, problems, cost, or hassles & hung up the drinking glass. Couldn't be happier & don't miss it a bit.

I just have a few beers on wed night while we play darts, but never when I am on the bike. To many idiots on the road to have the problem of drinking and later driving along with watching the others on the road

Its not corny to have Jesus with you everyday, he is there every step of the way. Can't say I've stopped drinking beer, just can't remember the last time I had one. Diet Pepsi is my curse now, used to be Coke (12 to 14 a day!) still hear Doc's yelling at me in my head.
Ride Safe
wilks3

12-14 cokes a day? Is that with or without the capt.?
I got told off by my dentist cause I wouldn't tell her how many dews I have a day, could only imagine if I told her 4-6 20 oz every day.

Back