free website stats program non-bike rider reactions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

non-bike rider reactions

I work 2 weeks on then two weeks off so I get to do a lot of riding in the middle of the week day. The best is when I pull up next to some guy on a way too short lunch break eating a subway sandwich in the car while he is screaming on the phone to a co-worker. It could be either he has never ridden and wanted to, or maybe he used to ride, or even worse he currently rides and you can see the wave of jealousy and frustration flow over him as I sit there at the red light with that plastered Harley smile on my face while my RK politely pounds out that methodical beat. Then he just stares as I give him a wave as I turn right onto the windy country road heading out of the city and he is left to his bumper to bumper commute back to his office. THAT my friends is a good look!

i love the reaction i get when the daily drivers give me a wide berth to white line through slow to non moving traffic, and they close the gap on the imports.

i have had nothing but interested stares, and genuine questions at almost any stop. 7-11, carvel, nathans, the beach, the movies and every other stop.

the nightster lends itself well to NYC white line commutes.

the Nightster just has a timeless look to it.

I was at a red light with a car next to me. There were a couple of kids in the back, maybe 12 years old or so. I noticed the boy closest to me was was looking so I turned to him and nodded. ......He shot me the bird. I am pretty sure I see a crotch rocket in that young mans future:D

I was sitting at a stop light the other night when i looked over and a man which I would guess was in his early 70's looking over and giving my bike the once over then he looked up at me, got a big smile on his face, points to my bike and gives me a thumbs up.

A Couple of weeks ago my wife and I came out of Home Depot about 15 minutes till closing time as we are about to get on the bike a truck pulled in and parked a couple of isles over from us. There was only about a dozen or so cars left in the lot about this time. I'm putting on my helmet when I heard "wait a minute, wait a minute". I looked over and this man that had just got out of the truck with his son is trotting toward me as fast as he could go saying "I want to look at you motorcycle". He said he was 80 years old and has wanted a bike ever since he was 12 and that he had never even had an opportunity to ride one. He looked over the bike for a little then we said our goodbyes. I really which now that I would have offered to give him a ride.

Today while riding home, I came along a young boy on a bicycle. I pulled up along side him on my 08 FXSTC and said, " Wanna race ?" He smiled and said, "Sure". He then began peddeling as fast as he could. I kept even with him telling him how fast he was going. "14, 15, 17, almost 20 miles per hour...wow, you're fast. When we came to the stop sign at the end of the street the little guy was all smiles and thanked me for letting him know how fast he was. I had to wait for traffic to pass but he went up on the sidewalk and was yelling to his friends down the street that he can ride his bike 20 miles per hour and that he beat the guy on that Harley.. I think I rode another 3 or 4 blocks before the smile left my face.

Today while riding home, I came along a young boy on a bicycle. I pulled up along side him on my 08 FXSTC and said, " Wanna race ?" He smiled and said, "Sure". He then began peddeling as fast as he could. I kept even with him telling him how fast he was going. "14, 15, 17, almost 20 miles per hour...wow, you're fast. When we came to the stop sign at the end of the street the little guy was all smiles and thanked me for letting him know how fast he was. I had to wait for traffic to pass but he went up on the sidewalk and was yelling to his friends down the street that he can ride his bike 20 miles per hour and that he beat the guy on that Harley.. I think I rode another 3 or 4 blocks before the smile left my face.

TO COOL !!! That little boy will remember that for a long time!!!

The owner of the company I work for flew in and landed his helicopter in the parking lot. On his way into the building he paused for quite somr time admiring my ride gleaming in the morning sun. When he came in he said nice bike and asked if it was mine. I told him yes, it was, but nothing compared to what he came in on. I said you have a bike dont you? He said he had a Honda Shadow but sold it. He said there is just somthing about a Harley though, he always has to stop and stare.

Yeah, the church I went to around here actually has a higher up in the Bikers For Christ MC. They just got done with Bikerfest that is promoted by Bikers For Christ...This year from what I heard was soo much bigger than usual. I heard there was over 700 bikes there this year from all over the country, and even Canada. I can try to get some pics to show how big it is.

Same here in PA

Back