free website stats program Nolan NCOM Input Please | Harley Davidson Forums

Nolan NCOM Input Please

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm not 100% satisfied with the Cardo Scala system I bought and installed in my helmet and my wife's. Wind keeps activating the intercom system, even with the face shield down. No way to remove only the microphone boom for solo riding (don't want to unscrew the entire base unit.) Blue tooth connection with my cell phone seems to be hit or miss. Works great when I test it out in the house but my wife says she's called several times and I never heard the ring.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me their input, good or bad, on the NCOM system offered as an option in Nolan helmets. Does it have similar problems as my Cardo system?

Thanks!

Wow - no responses in over a week.

Does noone have anything to say about the NCom stuff? Maybe it's so expensive noone's using it.

Sorry I have been out of commission the last few days due to knee surgery. I have the Team set and really like them. It does take some time to get it figured out though. After both units are turned on wait a minute or 2 then press the MC button, this keeps the mic open otherwise the wind or any noise will activate it. I have the same problem when riding solo, I either push it up further in my helmet or turn it off.

I have never had an issue with the blue tooth.

I bought 2 extra booms for me and my son to use on our dirt bikes and let me tell you that it cool. We can talk the whole time we are out playing. Comes in real handy so we don't have to constantly stop to talk about where to go next.

We got ours last December and last month I contacted the manufacturer due to the battery not holding a charge and they sent us 2 new ones. When we first got them I called tech support a couple of times and they were very helpful. Feel free to PM me and I will help you or contact tech support.

After both units are turned on wait a minute or 2 then press the MC button, this keeps the mic open otherwise the wind or any noise will activate it.QUOTE]

How long does a fully charged battery last in this "constant on" condition? How does this affect your ability to answer an incoming phone call via Bluetooth?

Thanks.

Battery lasts 8 - 10 hours, amazing isn't it?

It does not effect the bluetooth in any way. Once you receive a call it will ring then you press the CTRL button to answer the call. Once you hang up either press the CTRL button again or simply wait and the unit will reconnect after 30 seconds or so.

Battery lasts 8 - 10 hours, amazing isn't it?

It does not effect the bluetooth in any way. Once you receive a call it will ring then you press the CTRL button to answer the call. Once you hang up either press the CTRL button again or simply wait and the unit will reconnect after 30 seconds or so.

That's kind of what I was getting at. The way I was using it before, in the voice activated mode, you could answer a call by speaking into the mic and didn't have to take your hands off the controls - I liked it that way. However, that way also led to annoying wind activated intercom all the time. I guess I'll try it your way and see which is the better way for me.

Thanks again.

At times I am able to have it auto answer phone calls but I am not sure how it does that though.

Guess I just need to charge it up and go out and play with it. Thanks for the help HD4ME!

Back