noisey primary

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by jumboshrimp, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jumboshrimp

jumboshrimp New Member

howdy folks i got a question about my (i believe the primary chain left side gear shift) primary being a little louder now then before oil change from dino to syn3. is there a different grade of oil i can put in there too quiet it up abit. i doesn't really bother me too much but would like it quieter without any chance of harm to the internal parts. my bike is a 09 super glide. any guidance would be appreciated thanks for all the help now and in the past. ride on

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

The syn3 is not the best choice in the primary. Try a bottle of the Formula+ from the dealer and it should quiet it down. The newer self adjusting tensioners are a bit louder than the older style were.

Find a better choice of oil than the syn 3 in any event even in the engine too and ESPECIALLY the trans, you want a gear oil in there. It's not a full synthetic and is more expensive than a quality full synthetic like Mobil 1 or other popular brands.

Take a look in the oil section of the self help forum for more info,

3. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Syn3 is a lighter grade oil and you will get more noise when using it in the primary and / or tranny. Soon you will be advised to change out the syn3. there are better options for a primary.