free website stats program Noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Noise

Rapedape

Banned
I got this '07 street bob and I'm hearing a noise (kinda like a scraping noise)comming from the primary case right by the gear shifter. I can hear it when I'm driving down the road as well as idling. It's not too loud but annoying. The more revs the more noise. Normal or not. I mean is there always a sound of some sort emanating from there.:dknow

twin cam motors have some chain noise{normal} from both sides of the motor . Less on the right side from chain driven cams than the primary side. however it wouldn't hurt to remove the drain plug on the primary and check to see if any metal is stuck to the magnet. a small amount is normal:newsmile026:.

twin cam motors have some chain noise{normal} from both sides of the motor . Less on the right side from chain driven cams than the primary side. however it wouldn't hurt to remove the drain plug on the primary and check to see if any metal is stuck to the magnet. a small amount is normal:newsmile026:.

O.k. Thanks for that. I'll be puttin' the bike away for winter here pretty quick so I'll have a good look at things.

O.k. Thanks for that. I'll be puttin' the bike away for winter here pretty quick so I'll have a good look at things.

The longer you wait the worse it could get!!! Like Hobbit said ---- imagine all the damage (possibly) happening inside there!!!! :newsmile077:

Back