Noise

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Rapedape, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Rapedape

Rapedape Banned

I got this '07 street bob and I'm hearing a noise (kinda like a scraping noise)comming from the primary case right by the gear shifter. I can hear it when I'm driving down the road as well as idling. It's not too loud but annoying. The more revs the more noise. Normal or not. I mean is there always a sound of some sort emanating from there.:dknow

2. Rapedape

Rapedape Banned

I think I have it figured out !!

3. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

are ya gonna share????:dknow

4. Rapedape

Rapedape Banned

I'll take that back. It's still there.:small3d007:

5. potato

potato Member

twin cam motors have some chain noise{normal} from both sides of the motor . Less on the right side from chain driven cams than the primary side. however it wouldn't hurt to remove the drain plug on the primary and check to see if any metal is stuck to the magnet. a small amount is normal:newsmile026:.

6. Rapedape

Rapedape Banned

O.k. Thanks for that. I'll be puttin' the bike away for winter here pretty quick so I'll have a good look at things.

7. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

The longer you wait the worse it could get!!! Like Hobbit said ---- imagine all the damage (possibly) happening inside there!!!! :newsmile077:

8. Rapedape

Rapedape Banned

It will get looked at today !! Thanks for the input guy's!!!

9. navyman

navyman Member

Did this get fixed?

10. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

Could be primary bearing. Iknow the 2006 had a problem but havent heard of the 07s with it.