free website stats program noise in neutral | Harley Davidson Forums

noise in neutral

MindlessTwitch

I have an issue, when the clutch is out and the trans is in neutral, I get a low growl. The noise is intermittent. I have not adjusted the clutch yet and I got a feeling that is my next step. Primary chain is good and I have the hd auto tensioner installed. I have been running Royal Purple 20-50 in the primary. I searched the rest of the site and seen threads with similar issues but not the same. Bike is 03 Deuce. Appreciate all the info and knowledge you all are putting out there.

Twitch

I have an issue, when the clutch is out and the trans is in neutral, I get a low growl. The noise is intermittent. I have not adjusted the clutch yet and I got a feeling that is my next step. Primary chain is good and I have the hd auto tensioner installed. I have been running Royal Purple 20-50 in the primary. I searched the rest of the site and seen threads with similar issues but not the same. Bike is 03 Deuce. Appreciate all the info and knowledge you all are putting out there.

Twitch

Not a common problem in late 5 speeds, early on many problems, tranny shafts were breaking key ways and clutch hub problems, tranny sprockets breaking, try the clutch adjustment first Harley Davidson Community

Thanks, I read the service bulletin and that is exactly what I am experiencing. I was getting kinda worried after reading some other similar issues talking about replacing inner primary bearings and the like. I am going to go ahead and do the clutch adjustment. I have had the bike for about a year and put about 4k on it since so it cant hurt. Thanks for the info.

Back