free website stats program No Volume & Headphone Icon | Harley Davidson Forums

No Volume & Headphone Icon

ReefRider

I have an 06 SG and recently after a few mins. of riding with the radio on a headphone icon shows up in the lower right corner of the radio display. Along with that the radio displays volume levels for the front and rear speakers. The volume shuts off and you can't hear anything. I only have the front two speakers on the bike. I have looked inside the fairing multiple times and checked the wiring harness and wiggled them and it never seems to occur unless I'm riding. I have turned the bars back and forth bounced the forks up and down and can't get it to happen. Before I take it to the dealer I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas. There is also no switch near the key to switch between speakers and headphones like on some bikes with that option.:newsmile08:

First question - what's the last thing you did to the bike (maintenance, mods, washing) before you noticed this?

I installed Dakota Digital gauges about a 2 months previous. Other than that just the usual wipe down of the bike with pledge and a microfiber rag.

Back