free website stats program No turn signals or stop light | Harley Davidson Forums

No turn signals or stop light

Hey all, I've got an 04 RG that just lost turn signals and brake light. I noticed that when I switch on, just after the boot up, that both turn signal indicators flash 4 times. I also noticed that the left indicator glows slightly. Just got home and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet. Could it be a possible grounding problem? I still have a taillight and 4 way flashers. Thanks in advance!

Check the harness where it goes through the rear fender under the seat. Quite often the tire will rub through it under the rear fender.

Good ideas all, thanks! I did just have new tires put on a few weeks ago, I'll check it all out. Any idea what the flashing of both turn indicators mean after I switch on? They flash 6 times not 4 as I had stated before.

The flashing indicates a fault in the system like a bulb out or incomplete circuit to a light.

Observe the turn signals to ensure that all bulbs are operating. If you detect a burned out turn signal bulb, turn off the ignition switch, replace the bulb and disconnect the battery. Then repeat this procedure .
Actuate the left turn signal. Allow the turn signal bulbs to
flash at least five times.
Actuate the right turn signal. Allow the turn signal bulbs
to flash at least five times.
Turn off the ignition switch.

Back