No Turn Signals or Brake Light?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by lionsm53, Aug 13, 2010.

1. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

Was riding the 09 SG this evening and all of sudden, see a funny little light on the Speedo, and was tryin' to figure it out.

Tried my turn signals and nothin'. Also after I got stopped, noticed I didn't have a brake light... Hmmmm any ideas, other than busted wire, short, or? Looked in the OM and it said "Indicator Lamps".

I do have a head light and the bottom tail light on the fender but no brake light or tail lights or blinkers. Could it be a flasher maybe?
    Thanx in advance....

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Check fuses first, then check for broken or rubbed thru wires

3. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

Thanks Jack, I was thinking that too...

4. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

I found it was a fuse and replaced it. It was the ACC fuse. However, when I turn on the ignition, I still get the code, even though I have turn signals and I do have tail light but no brake light, and when I do hit the brake light it seems to blow the "just replaced fuse", so maybe a chaffed wire somewhere....I'm thinkin'?
    Maybe time to take it in to the dealer and let them figure it out....

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Maybe check under rear fender for tire hitting wires. It is a very close fit on my bike. Worth taking a look.

6. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Had the same problem. Turned out there was a wire pinch in the left switch housing.

7. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

should be in the brake wiring if it blows then . did u have seat off pinch a wire putting it back on. ussaully something right in front of u trace the wires back from the tail lite check for anything lokking strange hanging down going around frame , thats what i would do before i took it in

8. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

I decided to take it in yesterday. I had a couple of factory recalls to do like the tank, maybe the 402 tire, and the kickstand mod if I'm not mistaken.
    My 09 was built in 10/08.