free website stats program No start when hot on first push of button | Harley Davidson Forums

No start when hot on first push of button

ChiefD1

A buddy of mine has a 09 Heritage, which is bone stock, not even a free flowing intake. When he stops for gas and tries to restart after just a few minutes it will just spin over, like it's not getting any fire. Release the button and push it again and generally it will start but there are time when it won't. Cold it generally will pop of every time. Bike has about 25000 miles on HD dealer in the area says it's something he will have to deal with. I know it's a 09 but he bought when they first came out and warranty is about over. Really looking for ammo to go back to the dealer with.

If it is under warranty, I would go back to the dealer and tell them no, THEY will have to deal with it as this is not normal. My 2000ultra acted similar until I replaced the engine temp. sensor. Starts fine now. I'm sure more and maybe better ideas will be along soon as I am not up on the 2009.:)

If there's another dealer in driving distance I would take it to them, if not call harley's customer service and complain because your friend has a right to have the bike fixed while it's still under warranty, they can't refuse him his warranty and say deal with it.

AM I WRONG,,,,,,, A 2009 bot even in aug of 08 should fall under the 2 year warranty

aug 08 thru aug 09 = 1 yr. ....... aug 09 thru aug 2010= 2 yrs.

FIND ANOTHER DEALER I agree!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Got it that it's still under warranty, what I'm looking for is some ammo(info, he already owns a 45)for him to go back with to make him seem a little more savy. Seems that's how the dealers in our area work if you haven't done your research they will wait for it to run out of warranty then when it's ran out, they give it to you in the shorts.

Tell your friend to keep the paper work where he has taken the bike back under warranty, that is if they don't fix it to his satisfaction. That way if the warranty expires he has ammo to go back to H-D where the problem was not fixed during the proper warranty time...

PS I think it may be the engine temp sensor too.

A buddy of mine has a 09 Heritage, which is bone stock, not even a free flowing intake. When he stops for gas and tries to restart after just a few minutes it will just spin over, like it's not getting any fire. Release the button and push it again and generally it will start but there are time when it won't. Cold it generally will pop of every time. Bike has about 25000 miles on HD dealer in the area says it's something he will have to deal with. I know it's a 09 but he bought when they first came out and warranty is about over. Really looking for ammo to go back to the dealer with.

Back to another Dealer, when I bought my 07 Streetbob April 08, I am still under factory warranty till next month because of the purchase date, something wrong bad with that dealer

If it is under warranty, I would go back to the dealer and tell them no, THEY will have to deal with it as this is not normal. My 2000ultra acted similar until I replaced the engine temp. sensor. Starts fine now. I'm sure more and maybe better ideas will be along soon as I am not up on the 2009.:)

Mine did not throw any codes.:s

Back