free website stats program No Start - Was: Engine Does Not Start | Harley Davidson Forums

No Start - Was: Engine Does Not Start

Bluesugar

OK I'm bit by the gremlin!!--Went on a ride down to Jax.,Fla.(a buddy of mine had his mother pass) and it was a good ride there and back. Topped off fuel before I hit interstate 95, seen my people, came home.--Average speed was 70 mph, at times I was at 90(it's just what you have to do on Fla.'s interstates),(total miles for this trip was 148) parked my bike in driveway and shut it down. Went out later to move bike to its garage(moto trailer) and it will not start!!--I mean it cranks over very strong but will not fire!!!-- Lots of gas in tank, I un-folded a paper-clip and stuck it into the spark plug wires to see if there was spark when cranking and there was plenty, so the Old Harley Ghosts have got me!!!--Oh, I can here the fuel pump cycle on when you turn ign.-- While I'm writing this (and I don't know how to just ask a ? on this forum yet to the proper thread)I'm thinking to check the fuses. Any other things to look for? I'm blessed that this happened in my drive-way!--2004 Rd Kg w/FI---jeeeezz!!

After you tried to restart were the plugs wet with fuel?Do you have any way to check the fuel pressure?

Thanks for input.--Don't know how to check for fuel press. at this stage.( other than the excellent points and link that glider listed)--Very bummed about all aspects so far.--Good thought about wet plugs, will check that out tomorrow. I must say I did install a Dynatek FI controller Fueler on the FI's when I put the Kerkers on, but have had no problems in the last 3 weeks of hard riding.Maybe I need to look hard at all wiring around top of heads,(wiring melts,maybe a puke in the fueler) Will check out all suggestions and post results.

Another part to the puzzle here (Dynatek FI controller) You say you installed it recently, check out the connections to the unit. Maybe disconnect the unit and try to start it again.

With any addition to the FI system I remove it from the loop and re-test.I'd bet it starts up easily after the removal.

Hello to all,-current status on my ride is no status,meaning the red status led light on the Dynatek F.I. controller is out and won't come on with ign. on(meaning no power to unit according to the products info sheet)---So--- I hate to wrench on all the stuff to remove to get the unit off but at least it's in my garage and not on the side of the road. Why it puked in my driveway after I shut it down is anybodys guess. It ran perfect for three weeks and all day yesterday untill I parked it.--I bought this unit new from "Bikers garage 101" on E-Bay and sent them an e-mail about the 1 year warranty in the box but haven't heard back(not really expecting that they will honor it)and I know that the "Dyna Performance Electronics Corp" won't back it up since I didn't purchase it directly from them.--At this point, I couldn't recommend this product to anyone. I have a PCIII USB that I will put back on but have no cables to download a different map into it. I will shell out for that next :( Thanks for the shoulder fellow "bikers"

Check the power to the unit. Sometimes a bad connection will cause the problem and the unit is OK after all.

glider, this brand unit lifts its power from the TPS connector on bike(you have a tap con. you crimp into the wire)and I checked its continuity to same. The only other wire to connect is the ground(Checked it to be good)other than the FI piggy-back series connectors which are very hard to get to with big hands!-----Gotta go and wrench--Off with the tank!!(at least move it around a little)

OK, I checked my voltage from the TPS (where the tap to the FI controller goes) and I get about 5 volts at full rotation of throttle. Does this seem normal?-This is not motor running-(Ha-it won't run)but with ign. and run switch on.

Last edited:
Back